Do you need expert injury solicitors in Frome?
If you are employed in a warehouse or elsewhere and sustain an injury through no fault of your own, you may want to contact expert injury solicitors in Frome about making a personal injury claim. You can find expert claims solicitors and get advice about your potential claim by contacting us at Accident Advice Helpline.
Some of the accidents that could happen
There are numerous potential hazards associated with working in a warehouse and employers have a legal duty to reduce the risks as much as possible. However, accidents occur on a regular basis, with the only two industries that have more accidents being farming and construction. A few examples of what could go wrong are:
- Obstructions left where they should not be. If someone is carrying an object and does not have a very good view of where they are going, an unexpected obstruction could cause them to trip and be injured.
- Spillages on the floor should be cleared up as soon as possible. Oil particularly can be very slippery, and if someone is carrying something heavy, slips and it falls on them, the results could be a very nasty injury.
- Falling objects – Something falling from height does not have to be large to cause a serious injury. As items fall they gain momentum and can create devastation for the victim. If it hits their head it could cause brain damage and this is why warehouse workers should wear hard hats.
- Heavy lifting without proper training can lead to permanent back damage and it is the employer’s duty to ensure the workers know how to lift heavy items properly.
- Forklift trucks should only be used by trained operatives who should refuse to use the vehicle if it is not on good working order.
- Falling from heights. The Work at Height Regulations main priority is that employers ask the employees to be above floor level as little as possible. If there is no way round it, there should be safety measures in place to prevent falls, as they can result in serious injuries and even fatalities.
These are just a few of the problems that can happen in a warehouse but some of the resulting injuries can be life changing and even cause death. If any accident happens to you when you are at work, whether it is in a warehouse or anywhere else, expert injury solicitors in Frome could help you to make a personal injury compensation claim.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline now
Find out if you are eligible to make a claim for your injuries by contacting us at Accident Advice Helpline. To find out more about the help expert injury solicitors in Frome could provide, call us now on 0800 689 0500 or on 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile.
Date Published: 17th December 2013
Author: David Brown