Expert Injury Lawyers in Pyecombe and Your Personal Injury Claim Against Your Employer
Pyecombe is a village in West Sussex. The word ‘Pyecombe’ is thought to derive from the Saxon name “peac cumb” which means ‘the peak valley’. Actually the parish of Pyecombe comprises two settlements, one called ‘Pyecombe’ and the other ‘Pyecombe Street’.
The villagers of Pyecombe, and of anywhere else in the UK, should have a safe work environment, their employers have a legal duty to make sure they do. If your employer fails in this duty and you are injured because of their negligence, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim using expert injury lawyers in Pyecombe.
The Legal Duties of Employers to Avoid Facing Expert Injury Lawyers in Pyecombe
In the UK, every employer has a legal responsibility to protect the health and safety of their employees while they are in the workplace, and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) monitor employers to ensure they comply with the rules and regulations. There are specific rules for specific trades, but also general rules that apply to all employers. Some of these are:
- Carry out regular fire drill
- Have procedure in place in case of an emergency situation, and make sure all staff are aware of these
- Make sure employees take proper breaks
- Make sure walkways are kept clean and free from obstruction
- Have a health and safety policy the details of which all staff are aware
- Making sure employees have enough room to work in comfortably
- Ensure that all equipment and plant is in proper working order and safe
- Provide, free of charge, any protective clothing needed
- Ensure staff are properly trained to use any plant and equipment
- Carry out risk assessments and act on any findings
- Record accidents in an accident book
- Report serious accidents to HSE
Work related accidents can produce extremely serious injuries and some times even death. If your accident is minor or serious, and has been caused by the negligence of your employer, you should contact someone at Accident Advice Helpline to discuss making a personal injury compensation claim, using expert injury lawyers in Pyecombe.
Accident Advice Helpline and Your Personal Injury Claim
We are here to help you make your personal injury compensation claim. For over 13 years we have been providing access to justice for non-blame victims of accidents and crimes. We have helped many thousands of claimants’ get the compensation to which they were entitled and have an enviable reputation for complete customer satisfaction.
On our website, we have a compensation calculator which we call the 30-second test. This will help you decide if you qualify for compensation and give you a rough estimate of how much you can expect to be awarded.
Alternatively, you can speak to one of our friendly, professional advisors on our freephone number, 0800 180 4123. This line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to give you free advice regarding your personal injury claim, whenever you want to call.
Date Published: 3rd November 2013
Author: David Brown