Portsoy is a village in Aberdeenshire, Scotland. It is known for:
- Local jewellery made from “Portsoy marble” (which is not marble, but rather serpentine).
- Locally milled oatmeal which is sold around the world.
- Scottish Traditional Boat Festival, which is worth over £4 million to the local economy.
- Two historical harbours.
- Portsoy youth forum (PTYYF).
The attractions in Portsoy create a lot of visitors; some stay and some just travel through. The one thing they will have in common with the residents of Portsoy and anyone else in the UK, is the possibility of being involved in an accident. Not just any old accident, but one that was not your fault and results in you being injured badly enough to need medical attention. Then you should use expert injury solicitors in Portsoy to make a personal injury compensation claim.
Making a facial injury claim with the help of expert injury solicitors in Portsoy
Facial injuries can often happen in accidents and they can be extremely distressing as they may be so visual. Even the courts award women higher compensation if their face is disfigured than they would to a man. This is because it is thought a woman will suffer more stress from a facial injury than a man will. Male models and male actors and any other men whose face is important to their job are awarded a similar amount to women when they make their personal injury claim using expert injury solicitors in Portsoy.
Disfigurement is not the only facial injury
Disfigurement is what most people think of when you say someone has sustained a facial injury, but there other ways to injure your face, such as:
- Broken bones. There are several bones in the face that could be broken. Cheek bones, eye socket bones, jawbones and nose bones are just a few. Some of these breaks can cause secondary problems such as breathing difficulties with a broken nose or eating difficulties with a broken jaw.
- The eyes can be easily damaged in an accident and the sight affected. Sometimes this can even lead to blindness.
- Correcting damaged teeth can put you through lots of pain, suffering and stress. You may also lose your own teeth and have to replace them with false ones.
If any of these facial injuries, or any other injuries, happen to you because of an accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim using expert injury solicitors in Portsoy.Open Claim Calculator
Making your facial injury claim
The easiest and least stressful way to make your personal injury compensation claim is to contact Accident Advice Helpline. We have been dealing with claims for over 15 years and in that time have helped many thousands of claimants get the compensation to which they were entitled. Among them have been numerous facial injury claims.
You could try the 30-second test on our website. This will let you know if you qualify to make a claim and if you do, it will give you some indication of the amount you may be entitled to.
Alternatively, you could call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993. Our friendly and professional advisers will guide you through the processes of your claim and then take it out of your hands, fighting on your behalf.