The brain is easily injured in the event of a head injury, and if this happens to you, or a member of your family, in an accident that not your fault, you or someone else on your behalf should consider making a personal injury compensation claim, and contact expert injury lawyers in Porthtowan or another law firm like Accident Advice Helpline.
Expert injury lawyers in Porthtowan
Severe brain injuries can be life changing the victim can be so badly injured they are not capable of dealing with a personal injury claim themselves, a family member or friend should contact injury lawyers in Porthtowan or another legal firm perhaps Accident Advice Helpline on their behalf. The numerous brain injuries that could possibly happen include:
- Concussion, the mildest form of and most common head injury
- Closed head injury is where there is an impact to the skull, but nothing is broken
- Penetrating head injury happens when an object fractures the skull and enters the brain
- Brain confusion is caused by the brain becoming bruised or swollen when the skull is cracked or broken
- Bleeding inside the skull around the brain
- Diffuse brain injury is where the head has been shaken around and the brain has knocked against the skull. This can cause injuries in several parts of the brain.
Any of these brain injuries are serious enough to need medical attention, and if they were sustained in an accident that was not your fault, you should be making a personal injury compensation claim.
The possible symptoms
Like all injuries are different, people react differently to their injuries, but in the case of a brain injury, the victim may have no choice about their demeanour. The effects can include:
- A total loss of or altered speech
- The attention span shortens
- They find it hard to concentrate
- Their memory can be affected
- Speed of thought
- The way they react emotionally can change dramatically
- General behaviour changes
- Weakness or paralysis
- Difficulty with balancing
- Difficulty walking
- A lack of co-ordination
- They senses of smell taste and touch can change
- They can become very anxious and get depressed easily
- They can have problems with understanding or comprehending situations or what is being said to them
The victims may often feel totally lost and get frustrated with themselves for not being able to do want they want. Others lose themselves in their own world as a coping mechanism.
Accident Advice Helpline will help everyone cope
If you are more comfortable using injury lawyers in Porthtowan then that’s what you should do. However, you should at least consider other law firms to ensure you are aware of the differences in service they offer.
Accident Advice Helpline fully understand the trauma these type of injuries cause, not just for the victim, but for the family as well. The last thing anyone will need is the stress of making a personal injury claim, but Accident Advice Helpline will help everyone cope with this process, we need to make sure the victim does not lose out because of their lack of capabilities.
You will find our advisors to be friendly and compassionate, used to dealing with this type of problem. They will guide whoever it is that contacts us, through all the necessary processes and make sure the claim is dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Call them on our freephone number, 0800 180 4123, and don’t worry about financing the claim. We operate on a No Win No Fee** basis, so no money is needed to start the claim.