Ponterwyd is a village in Wales. The village is the home of “Nant-yr-Arian”, a Forestry Commission centre where over 30 red kites are fed every day.
Broken bones and expert injury lawyers in Ponterwyd
If someone falls from height, they may break a few bones. The victims of car accidents often have a few broken bones, as do the victims of a work related accidents. If the accidents were not the fault of the victims, they may want to use the services of expert injury lawyers in Ponterwyd to make a personal injury claim.
Various breaks to the bones that can happen
There are 206 bones in the human body, 206 bones just waiting to be broken.There are numerous different types of breaks that could occur in those bones, just some of them are:
- Bowing fracture – this is where the bone bends rather than breaks and it tends to happen in children because their bones or so soft
- Comminuted fracture – this is where the bone is injured so severely it is shattered or crushed
- Complete fracture – a complete break into two, quite often the victim hears the snap of the break
- Compound fracture – this is where the broken bone breaks the skin
- Oblique fracture – in the type the break slants across a bone
- Spiral fracture – here the break winds round the bone
- Simple fracture – this is where there is no break in the skin
Treating broken bones
The medical profession refers to all breaks, cracks and crushes of bones as fractures. The way they treat your fractures depends on the severity of the break but can include:
- Plaster cast
- Support bandages
- Icepacks to reduce swelling
- Surgery to put bones back in place
- Surgery to insert pins, screws or plates
The healing time depends on how bad the break is and your age. The bones of children heal a lot quicker than those of the elderly, but are more likely to break in the first place.
Making a personal injury compensation claim for you broken bones
Many people have an accident, which is not their fault, end up with a broken bone because of it, and do not make a personal injury compensation claim, and if you ask them why a lot of them will say because they do now want the hassle involved.
Call Accident Advice Helpline and your claim will be hassle free. We will deal with everything for you, insurance companies, local authorities or whoever. Our expert injury lawyers in Ponterwyd have dealt with them all and are experts in achieving the best possible compensation award for our claimants.
On our website there is a 30-second test which will give you some guidance to the amount you may receive, or you can phone our helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 (mobile) and speak to one of our friendly, professional advisers about hiring expert injury lawyers in Ponterwyd.
Date Published: 26th October 2013
Author: David Brown