Expert injury lawyers in Petersfield
Petersfield is a market town in the East Hampshire district of Hampshire. The town grew in prosperity due to its position on frequently travelled routes, local sheep farming and cottage level manufacturing industry of leather and cloth.
Not much scope there for industrial illness and diseases, but they do happen all over the UK. If you have developed one, through the negligence of your employer, you should be making a personal injury compensation claim, using injury lawyers in Petersfield.
Expert injury lawyers in Petersfield discuss industrial illnesses and diseases
There are many industrial illnesses and diseases ranging from comparatively mild conditions such as vibration white finger to terminal illnesses such as asbestos related lung cancer. No matter how minor or major, if you have contracted an industrial illness or disease through the fault of some one else you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim, using expert injury lawyers in Petersfield.
The different industrial illnesses and diseases
There are many different industrial illnesses and conditions that can happen. Employers have a legal responsibility to protect the health and safety of their employees in the workplace and if they do not, you may be able to make a personal injury claim. Some of the more common industrial illnesses are:
- Vibration white finger – a problem with the fingers also known as dead finger and hand-arm vibration syndrome.
- Repetitive strain injury – this can occur anywhere in the body when the same muscles are used again and again, often develops if typists and similar jobs.
- Dermatitis – a skin problem.
- Back injuries – often caused by heavy lifting without the proper training.
- Asbestos related diseases – asbestos was used extensively in the second half of last century in construction and shipbuilding particularly. Although is was a very flexible and cheap commodity, it also turned out to be very dangerous. The dust from asbestos settles in the lungs and cannot be removed. Over a number of years, the illnesses from this dust develops and quite often is life threatening.
- Industrial deafness – this is caused by prolonged exposure to loud noises. Wherever possible the employer should try and reduce the noise levels, but if they cannot, they should supply you with ear protection.
- Dangerous chemicals and substances – some jobs involve contact with or exposure to dangerous chemicals and substances. The employer should try to minimise this and where necessary provide protective clothing and equipment.
Making a personal injury claim for industrial conditions
If you need to make a personal injury claim, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline for the expertise you need for a successful claim. Our in-house solicitors have a wealth of knowledge and experience and will deal with your claim speedily and efficiently.
We have a compensation calculator, which we call the 30-second test. You can complete this online and it will give you a rough idea of the amount of compensation you can expect to be awarded.
Our helpline is a freephone number, 0800 689 0500, and there you will find friendly, professional advisers ready to talk to you about your accident and guide you through the processes of your claim.
Date Published: 28th October 2013
Author: David Brown