How to get the most out of an insurance claim – expert injury lawyers in Pershore
If you have had an accident which was not your fault then you may want to claim compensation for your injuries as well as claim for the damages to your car on the other party’s insurance. If you have had an accident which was actually your fault then you will still want to get the most you can out of your own insurance, as you will be paying into your insurance policy on a regular basis and want to make sure that you get your money’s worth. Here are some tips on getting the most out of your insurance.
- Give your insurer the details. Whether the accident was your fault or not, one of the first things you should do is call them and let them know what has happened and what the damage is. This allows your insurer to get the claim process started at their end, so you won’t have to wait for a long time to get the situation sorted out.
- Keep all documents. This includes receipts, reports, damage evaluations and quotes from mechanics. Anything that relates to what happened during the accident and how much it is going to cost to fix, you should have this information to submit to the insurance company.
- List expenses incurred by your injury. This may include doctors bills, missed days of work, treatments and so on. If you had to pay someone to come and deliver your food shopping then list this as well. Don’t miss anything out.
- List expenses incurred by the damage to your car. This obviously includes the cost of getting the car repaired or replaced, but it is also important to mention the taxis you have had to take, or the hire car expenses. Obviously you will need to find another way of getting around while your car is being repaired, so don’t leave these expenses out.
- Review every possible settlement. Take time to think through any offer you are given, and don’t think that you have to respond right away. If you don’t think the settlement is fair then say so, and ask for your claim to be reassessed.
How to find the best expert injury lawyers in Pershore
Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, to get in touch with the best expert injury lawyers in Pershore for you. Accident Advice Helpline has over 15 years’ experience in the field of personal injury compensation claims, and are able to provide you with the help you need to process your claim effectively. You will be able to speak to injury lawyers in Pershore 24/7 thanks to the helpline, and can always get advice on how to proceed with your claim. Not only this, but with the helpline, your expert injury lawyers in Pershore work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis on your behalf, so you don’t have to go to court, and don’t stand to lose anything.
Date Published: 27th October 2013
Author: David Brown