Facial injuries? Unsure if you can claim? Call expert injury lawyers in Taynuilt
All accidents and any resulting injuries can be distressing for everyone concerned. However, when the facial area is injured it can be devastating for the casualty and hard to come to terms with physically, emotionally and psychologically.
Facial injuries are defined as any injury which occurs to the facial area including:
- The lower jaw;
- The upper jaw;
- The cheeks;
- The forehead;
- The nose; or
- The chin.
Accidents resulting in facial injury
Any accident can result in an injury being sustained to the facial area, but some types of accident can cause serious facial trauma, including:
- Road traffic accidents;
- Chemical attack to the face using acid;
- Penetrative injury to the face;
- Violent assault; and
- Falls from height.
Symptoms of facial injury
There are many symptoms that can accompany a facial injury, like breathing difficulties with a broken nose or eating problems with a broken jaw. Other symptoms include:
- Pain across the facial area;
- Lacerations and bruising;
- Swollen or deformed facial features;
- Displaced bones;
- Vision problems due to swelling — partial vision, double vision;
- Dental problems — loss of teeth, loose teeth, broken teeth;
- Problems moving the jaw; and
- Problems breathing through the nose.
Treating facial injuries
Facial injuries are usually treated by a specialist facial surgeon who can do the following:
- Ensure that the nasal airway is kept clear and unobstructed;
- Control any bleeding;
- Assess injuries and locate areas of injury; and
- Repair broken or fractured bones using titanium screws and plates to reduce scarring.
Making a claim for facial injury
If you have suffered a facial injury through an accident that wasn’t your fault within the last three years, you may be legally entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim. Accident Advice Helpline are the leading experts in processing claims. We have a wealth of expertise and experience gained over 15 years in the industry, having already assisted many thousands of claimants to get the compensation they deserved.
To find out quickly if you are eligible to make a personal injury compensation claim for facial injuries, call our helpful and friendly advisers anytime on our 24 hours a day, seven days a week helpline (0800 689 0500). Our dedicated advisers will answer any queries quickly and reliably and offer no-obligation free legal advice and guidance about claiming.
Our injury lawyers will process your claim on a 100% no win no fee* basis, so call and find out if you can claim your legal right to compensation. Alternatively, why not go online and take part in our unique 30-second claims test to use our expert injury lawyers in Taynuilt? Will your claim pass?