Expert injury lawyers in Pleasington
The carpal tunnel is in the wrist, formed by eight carpal bones and tendons that run across them. Running through the tunnel is the main nerve to the hand, which splits into five when it reaches the palm. It is damage to the nerve that creates carpal tunnel syndrome and may mean you are entitled to make a personal injury claim using expert injury lawyers in Pleasington.
Carpal tunnel syndrome causes
There are many causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, just some of them are:
- The constant use of a keyboard.
- Continual use of vibrating tools.
- Excessive forceful bending of the wrist.
- Regular heavy lifting.
- Repeated direct pressure on the base of the palm.
- Excessive forceful pinch grips.
Most cases of carpal tunnel syndrome are work related in one way or another and most injury claims that injury lawyers make for this condition are against employers who have been negligent in preventing it.
The symptoms and why you might use expert injury lawyers in Pleasington
The symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome are as follows:
- It starts with pins and needles, usually in the middle and index fingers.
- In the same fingers, you can experience burning and tingling sensations.
- Eventually this will turn to pain which may travel up the forearm.
- As the condition worsens you may get numbness in the fingers and palm of the hand.
- Occasionally, some people suffer dry skin in the affected area.
- When it gets to its worst state, the thumb can become numb and weak causing a lack of grip. Eventually this can lead to muscle wasting at the base of the thumb.
If you have any of these symptoms and think you might have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, you may need to make a personal injury claim and use expert injury lawyers in Pleasington.
The treatment of the condition
The first thing you need to do if you think you have this condition is to stop the action that is causing the problem. The wrist will need to be rested to recover and take painkillers if necessary. Other treatment options, depending on the severity, are:
- A wrist splint to keep the tunnel in place without stress, particularly at night time.
- Steroid injections.
- Surgery to release the nerve.
Making your personal injury claim for carpal tunnel syndrome
Accident Advice Helpline will help you to make your claim for this condition. Over the last 15+ years, we have helped many thousands of blameless victims claim the personal injury compensation they were due and there have been many claims for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
We operate on a No Win No Fee* basis, so no money will be needed to start your claim and not a penny will be owed if the claim is lost.
On our freephone number, 0800 689 0500, you will find friendly, professional advisers who will give you free legal advice regarding your claim and guide you through the required processes. They are at the end of the phone all day, every day, for you to contact whenever you wish.