Our expert injury lawyer in Pwllgloyw thinks everyone likes a bike
Do you need an expert injury lawyer in Pwllgloyw? Cycling has become one of the fastest growing pastimes in the UK; from toddlers to pensioners, everyone seems to like a bike. They are used for sport, pleasure or commuting but no matter what your age or why you ride, if you come off your cycle, sustain an injury and it was not your fault, you may be able to make a compensation claim, using an expert injury lawyer in Pwllgloyw.
How you can reduce the risk of using an expert injury lawyer
Cyclists are very vulnerable on the roads because of the little protection if they have an accident. There are a few things they can do to reduce the risks of injury, and so reduce the risk of speaking with an injury lawyer in Pwllgloyw to make a compensation claim. Steps they can take include:
- Wearing a good quality helmet can reduce any head injuries you may sustain.
- Wearing high visibility jackets, stripes on legs etc. will make you more visible to other road users.
- Do not ride next to someone else, this can make it difficult for a car to overtake and you might be knocked off your bike.
- If you are passing parked cars make sure you leave at least a car door width between you and the cars to avoid a driver opening his door and hitting you.
Cycling accident injuries
Cycle accidents create a variety of injuries from minor cuts and bruises to serious head injuries and even fatalities. Typical injuries can include:
- Fractured bones
- Facial injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Back injuries
- Dental injuries
- Anxiety and stress
- Road rash
Additional things to claim for
There is more to think about than just injuries when making an injury claim. What if you cannot work again- how will you feed the family, how will you pay the household bills. If you end up in a wheelchair how will you get in and out of your home without ramps, how will you shower yourself – the list is endless but it all needs to be accounted for when you make your compensation claim. Some of the areas that may be included are:
- Pain and suffering
- Anxiety and stress
- Replacement of equipment and accessories
- Cost of care
- Loss of earnings
- Extra medical expenses
- Travel expenses
- Cost of adapting or moving your home
- Any other cost or loss that is a direct result of the accident
Where to go to make your compensation claim
The place to go is Accident Advice Helpline – we are there 24 hours a day every day, there to give you help and advice regarding your personal injury day for you to contact an expert injury lawyer in Pwllgloyw.
On our number, 0800 689 0500/0333 500 0993 from a mobile you will find advisors who are friendly and professional. They will give you free advice and help you all they can. Or you could try the 30-second test online for some guidance.
We operate a no-win, no-fee agreement so no money will have to be found to finance your claim.
Date Published: 20th October 2013
Author: David Brown