An expert injury lawyer in Priddy and work related accidents
An accident in the workplace could easily mean that you are entitled to make a compensation claim. They happen all too often, even though health and safety measures are stricter than ever.
The duties of the employer to avoid facing an expert injury lawyer in Priddy
Employers have a legal duty to protect the health and safety of their employees in the workplace. They also have to ensure the safety of any visitors to their premises such as customers, suppliers or the general public. The employer must:
- Ensure they create a safe working environment
- All plant and equipment should be safe to use
- Provide proper training in use of any plant and equipment
- Make sure working practices are set up and followed
- Make sure that all materials are stored, handled and used safely
- Provide adequate first aid facilities
- Let you know about potential hazards in your job
- Set up emergency plans and ensure staff know the details
- Make sure that ventilation, temperature, lighting, toilet, washing and rest facilities all meet health and safety requirements
- Prevent or control exposure to dangerous substances
- Take precautions against the risks involved because of flammable or explosive hazards, electrical equipment, noise or radiation
- Avoid potentially dangerous work involving handling and if this is not possible take precautions to reduce the risk of injury
- Provide health and safety supervision as needed
- Provide protective clothing or equipment free of charge
- Ensure the correct warning signs are in place
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive
If your employer does everything they should and you still have an accident at work you make be entitled to make a compensation claim, using an expert injury lawyer in Priddy
The duties of an employee to avoid having to use an expert injury lawyer in Priddy
As an employee you also have a duty to look after your own well being and that of your colleagues. You should never do anything that will put you, your workmates or employer in danger. If you think you employer is not carrying out their health and safety responsibilities, you should report them to HSE; you cannot be disciplined for doing this.
Employers liability insurance
Most employers, there are a few exceptions, have to have employers liability insurance with a minimum cover of £5,000,000, just in case an employee does use an injury lawyer Priddy to make an injury claim against them. If an accident happened in the workplace it would be an insurance company that pays out the claim, not your employer.
Making your compensation claim
Any type of accident can be traumatic enough on its own without then having the stress of making a personal injury compensation claim.
Accident Advice Helpline will make your compensation claim process easy for you. We are experts in dealing with accidents of all types, of making sure our customers get the best service possible as well as getting them a fair amount of compensation for the injuries and losses or costs associated with the accident.
Call our advisers on 0800 689 0500, and get free advice from them about the way forward. Or complete the 30-second test on our website for guidance.
Date Published: 20th October 2013
Author: David Brown