Had food poisoning and need to make an injury claim? Our expert injury lawyer in Meltham can help!
Food poisoning is an unpleasant condition which can leave you feeling exhausted and lethargic. It is caused by eating food that has been contaminated by bacteria or a virus, many of which are well known such as Salmonella, Listeria, E Coli and Norovirus. If you have suffered a bout of food poisoning and it wasn’t your fault within the last 3 years’, then you can legally claim compensation for the misery, pain and inconvenience that it caused you, by calling Accident Advice Helpline and letting our expert injury lawyer in Meltham help!
Food can be contaminated at any time throughout the production, processing, storing and cooking processes. Indeed, some foods are well known and recognised for being particularly susceptible to causing food poisoning:
- raw meat and poultry
- raw eggs
- raw shellfish
- unpasteurised milk
- foods such as cooked sliced meats, soft cheeses, pate and ready to eat foods like pre packed sandwiches
How is food contaminated?
As mentioned earlier, food can be contaminated at any stage from its production through to the meal in front of you. Causes of contamination of food include:
- poor hygiene procedures such as lack of hand washing
- food preparation by some one who is ill themselves handling food
- eating food that has expired beyond its use by date and it has deteriorated
- not cooking food thoroughly especially poultry, burgers, sausages and kebabs (typical take away foods)
- incorrect storage of chilled foods
- leaving cooked food at ambient temperatures for too long
- cross contamination of foods from raw to cooked, spreading bacteria
Symptoms of food poisoning may appear rapidly after consuming contaminated food, especially if the food contains toxins. In these cases, violent vomiting may start within 6 hours and be followed by other symptoms. Typically though, symptoms of food poisoning begin 1-3 days after eating food that is contaminated and may involve:
- muscle spasms and cramps
- nausea and feeling sick
Don’t delay, call an expert injury lawyer in Meltham today!
If you, or some one you know, has suffered food poisoning then call Accident Advice Helpline for up to date and relevant information about making a personal injury compensation claim using an expert injury lawyer in Meltham. Their advisers can answer all your worries over the phone, leaving it up to you to decide if you want to proceed with your claim once you in possession of the facts. An expert injury lawyer in Meltham will be allocated to your case and will proceed with your injury claim on your behalf on a 100% no win no fee* basis. Can’t wait? Go on line and take part in our unique 30 second on line test and see if you pass the test?Open Claim Calculator