Looking for an expert compensation lawyer in Greenock for your workplace accident claim? You can find one right now if you call Accident Advice Helpline – and you could receive a payout.
About workplace accidents
We’ll tell you all about that shortly, but first, let us give you some information about what you should do if you have an accident at work. Here are the steps to take:
1) Tell your manager. Your supervisor will need to know straight away, so make sure you let them know as soon as possible. If you’re unable to do this, a colleague should do it for you.
2) Inform your first aid representative. If your workplace has anyone in such a role, they need to know, too – as does your union rep, if you’re a member.
3) Have the details of the accident recorded in the accident book. This will very likely be filled in by your manager, but you will sign it. Only do so if the details are accurate. Make sure it reflects what happened.
4) Help your manager with their investigation into your accident. They must conduct an investigation, so make sure you tell them as much detail as possible. You will also be given a questionnaire to fill in – again, ensure it’s detailed.
Seek medical attention
In addition to the above steps, which are largely concerned with reporting, you will need to seek medical advice. You might go to hospital if it’s a bad injury, but if not, you certainly need to attend your GP’s surgery.
Once this has happened, and you’ve started recovering from your injuries, you can get on to Accident Advice Helpline and an expert compensation lawyer in Greenock can assist you with making a claim.
Accident Advice Helpline for your expert compensation lawyer in Greenock
We can tell you now that you don’t need to worry about making a claim. Employers cannot, by law, discriminate against you for making a claim against them – so don’t fear being sacked or mistreated.
There would be no point in their doing so, either, since the money for claims comes out of employers’ liability insurance and not company profits.
To get started with the claim, call our hotline:
- Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- Dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
- Text “claim365” to 88010 and someone will call you back
The first step in the process is for you to give your details to an advisor, who will guide you through the claims procedure. After that, if you qualify for compensation, they will pass your details to an expert compensation lawyer in Greenock.
If the result is a successful settlement, you will receive your payout – but, as mentioned above, our lawyers work on a no win no fee basis, which gives you extra peace of mind.
Why not call us now? You can even call out of hours and leave a message, if you like, because our lines are open 24/7.
Date Published: 11th December 2014
Author: David Brown