Can I Claim Compensation After a Road Traffic Accident?
An expert accident lawyer in Winchester could help you claim after a road traffic accident, whether you were the driver, a passenger or even a pedestrian, provided that:
- The accident happened within the last three years (or if you were a minor at the time, three years after the date you reached the age of 18)
- You sustained injuries which required medical treatment, either at the time or subsequently (some conditions, such as whiplash, may only become obvious after a few days)
- Someone else caused the accident by acting carelessly, negligently or criminally. They may have been driving dangerously or not paying attention. They could have been speeding or caused the accident through inexperience.
If you’re in any doubt as to whether your accident qualifies, we will assess the circumstances for free and give you no obligation advice about your rights. All you have to do is call. You also have the option of using the 30 second test on our website and we will be able to advise. If you want to call us you can do so by reaching us on 0800 689 0500 and 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.
Once we’ve established that you have a right to claim, the decision to proceed rests with you. If you wish to make a claim using an expert accident lawyer in Winchester, we’ll help you get started.
In most cases an expert accident lawyer in Winchester can help you deal with a case relatively quickly and without you having to appear in court, unless the circumstances are particularly complex. You could be set to receive a compensation payment for:
- Your injuries. The law will also take into account whether these will have any long term effects on your mobility or ability to work, for example.
- Any loss of earnings because you haven’t been able to work in the short term as a result.
- Any out of pocket expenses you’ve incurred as a result of your accident. This could cover items such as prescription charges and transport costs. You can also claim for help around the home and childcare, if you have needed to pay for these too.
If you’ve suffered life-changing injuries in a road traffic accident and you genuinely believe that someone else was to blame through their actions, you may have a legal right to claim compensation from them. Don’t be left disadvantaged – find out today whether our injury lawyer could help you make a claim. As with all personal injury claims, there are no guarantees, and an expert accident lawyer in Winchester can only provide estimates in relation to any claims you might be willing to make in the near future.