How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Expert accident claim advice

    Expert accident claim advice

    If you have been hurt and the accident that caused your injuries was not your fault, you may be aware that you can claim compensation for your injuries. However, you may have little or no previous experience of such matters and be looking for expert accident claim advice.

    Evidence is always very important to a successful accident claim. There are a few steps you can take in order to help maximize your potential for compensation by gathering evidence

    • Take photos of the injury straight away to help prove the value of your claim.
    • Obtain the name, address and telephone number of all those involved as well as any witnesses and any police officer’s name and number.
    • Take pictures of the scene and the surrounding area from all angles as soon as possible.
    • Photograph any damage to property and obtain repair estimates

    Get expert accident claim advice

    The most important piece of expert accident claims advice is that you must start legal proceedings within three years of the accident. Failure to do this could result in the claim being disqualified. There are some occasions when the time-limitation rules do not apply as rigorously.  Our accident claim advice experts will be more than happy to talk you through the claims process if you are unsure whether you could claim compensation.

    • If you were under 18 when the accident happened then the 3-year period only starts to run from when you turn 18, so the limit is your 21st birthday.
    • If the injury was not obvious at the time of the accident or if the condition developed invidiously over time then the three years may start to run from when you were diagnosed or started to notice symptoms. This applies, for example, in the case of conditions like industrial deafness and mesothelioma.
    • Under certain circumstances the court can extend the time limits at its discretion.

    Contact us today

    To get expert accident claim advice today just call our 24-hour free helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone to obtain, good, honest and professional expert accident claim advice. Or, alternatively, try our 30-second compensation calculator, which will give you a rough idea of how much you could claim and, if you wish, you can proceed with your claim today.

    Date Published: 23rd January 2012

    Author: Louise Thacker

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.