How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Experienced solicitors in Boroughbridge

    Boroughbridge is a small town in north Yorkshire, between London and Edinburgh on the Great North Road.

    In the days when the means of transport was a horse, carriage or stage coach, travel was fraught with dangers. There were highwaymen who would steal whatever valuables they could, and of course, bad weather sometimes made roads impassable, as they became a quagmire. If you had been travelling on a coach and robbed, you may have been pistol-whipped by the highwayman, even though you had done nothing to provoke him. In those days, you could not have made a personal injury compensation claim against him, nor would there have been solicitors to help you if the highwayman had been caught. Also you wouldn’t have been able to make a claim for the injuries you suffered while a crime was in progress through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).

    Experienced Solicitors in Boroughbridge

    Today things are different, and experienced solicitors in Boroughbridge can help you if you have a valid injury compensation claim to make. If you have been injured in an accident, solicitors, for example, could help you prove that it was not your fault. Experienced solicitors in Boroughbridge  could also help prove that the illness you were recently diagnosed with was caused by someone else’s negligence.

    Claiming through the CICA

    If you have been the victim of an act of violence which you did nothing to provoke, you may be eligible to make a claim for your injuries through the CICA. You have two years from the date of the crime in which to do so. The crime should have been reported to the police and they should have given you a unique crime reference number. You should also have received medical treatment for your injuries.

    You can download a form from the CICA website and fill it in to make your claim. However, as the process of claiming through the CICA can be complicated (as well as lengthy) you would be well-advised to hire the services of an experienced criminal injuries solicitor who will work on a no win, no fee basis.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you need an expert injury solicitor, or help and advice about your potential claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline at any time on one of these freephone numbers 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993.


    Date Published: 17th April 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.