Invergarry is a village which is located in the Highlands of Scotland. This village lies somewhere near the place where River Garry drains into Loch Oich within the Great Glen. Overlooking Loch Oich are the Invergarry Castle ruins.
You may be looking for an experienced solicitor in Invergarry in a telephone directory or searching online, while staying in one of Invergarry cottages on holiday. This is because you may have eaten contaminated food in your holiday accommodation. The owner of the cottages or the workers preparing the food were to blame and you can prove it and that is why you are searching for a reliable legal firm to help you pursue a personal injury compensation claim successfully.
The starting point
Getting help from someone trustworthy from Accident Advice Helpline that understands personal injury compensation claims and the requirements is the starting point. There are many people who get injured because of another person’s negligence.
In order to get in touch with a reliable injury solicitor in Invergarry who specializes in personal injury claims, call Accident Advice Helpline on their freephone numbers 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 993 or visit their website and take the 30-second test to know if your case is valid. Use the online calculator on their website to find out how much compensation you can get.
Getting help from an experienced solicitor in Invergarry
When someone eats contaminated food that has not been washed thoroughly like vegetables used for making salad, food poisoning can occur due to the bacteria in the food. The same happens when food is not stored properly like fish, when food is mishandled or when it is not properly cooked.
However, the victim has to prove that he ate contaminated food and it caused the injury because of the manufacturer’s or supplier’s negligence or if the set health and safety standards were violated. Such lawsuits are hard to prove and the claimant will need to hire an injury solicitor in Invergarry who is conversant with the law dealing with food poisoning compensations.
Food poisoning is a serious condition that requires immediate medical treatment. There are heath care providers who treat emergencies like food poisoning.
- Vomiting-some victims vomit when they eat food contaminated with bacteria, parasites, viruses or toxins. Anyone handling food should wash his hands properly before touching it. The food should be washed thoroughly and stored properly.
- Diarrhoea-the sufferer feels weak especially if diarrhoea is regular. The doctor prescribes medications but in severe cases the patient is hospitalized to treat and rehydrate the victim of food poisoning.
- Dehydration-loss of fluids is common when the patient is vomiting and has diarrhoea. Fluids should be given regularly to rehydrate the patient.
- Abdominal pain-painkillers are given to control the symptoms.
- Fever-an infection will cause fever and the doctor will conduct a physical examination to rule out other complications.
- Blood in the stool-the doctor will conduct a laboratory test of the victim’s faeces and prescribe medications.
Date Published: 1st December 2013
Author: David Brown