Experienced injury lawyers in Rochdale want you to gather evidence for your personal injury claim
If sometime in the last three years, you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, and your injuries needed medical attention, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim for compensation. In this situation you should contact experienced injury lawyers in Rochdale who would want you to gather as much evidence as possible to support your claim. Such things as:
- A medical report. You should obtain a medical report from the medical practitioner that dealt with your injuries. They will include the severity of your injuries, how they are healing and the outlook for the future. Whether your injury is temporary or permanent is a vital feature of your claim.
- Take photos if you are able to. These days, most people carry a mobile phone, and most phones have a camera facility. Use this to take as many photos as you can to show the accident scene.
- Witness details. If there were any witnesses at the scene, ask if they are prepared to say what they saw, how the accident happened and whose fault it was. If they agree, take their name, address and phone number and maybe their email address if they have one.
- Keep a diary of your injuries. Just every few days make a note of how they are progressing, with photos if possible. This can only help when your compensation is being negotiated.
- There are many types of accidents, road traffic accidents for instance, where the police are involved. They have to complete a report on any accident they have attended, and should speak to everyone involved. Firstly make sure they hear your point of view, and secondly request a copy of the report.
- If your accident was work related, the Health and Safety Executive might have been called to investigate it. If they were, they would complete an accident report which might well apportion blame, and a copy of that could be very useful.
- While everything about the accident is fresh in your mind, draw a sketch of how you remember it happening. You do not need to be an artist, just a rough idea of where things were placed, and where people were when the accident occurred could be very helpful.
Experienced injury lawyers in Rochdale say all this can only help
The more you have to prove your claim the better. When you contact experienced injury lawyers in Rochdale at Accident Advice Helpline, having all this evidence will speed up the processes, help prove your claim and could well mean you receive your compensation quicker.
Accident Advice Helpline have the experience that gives your claim the best chance of success and we are confident that using us to make your claim is a decision you will not regret.
Call our friendly and helpful advisors on 0800 180 4123 to find all the information you will need to start a claim, or complete our 30-second test to get an estimate of the compensation you might be awarded.
Date Published: 29th December 2013
Author: David Brown