How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Experienced injury lawyers in Harbourside

    If you live in Bristol’s Harbourside area, you may be searching for experienced injury lawyers in Harbourside for a number of reasons. You may have been injured in an accident in the last three years which was not your fault. If you and your injury lawyers in Harbourside can prove that another person was to blame for your accident, you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim. You usually have three years in which to file a claim, but because in some instances you only have two years in which to claim, it is best to file a claim as soon as you possibly can after your accident.

    Experienced injury lawyers in Harbourside

    Another reason why you might be looking for experienced injury lawyers in Harbourside is that you have been diagnosed with a work-related illness or any other illness which you can prove was caused by someone else’s negligence.

    Injuries sustained during a crime

    If you have been injured while a crime was happening, you may be able to claim compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). You could be eligible to file a claim if:-

    • you have been injured seriously enough to qualify for at least the minimum award which is £1,000.
    • you were injured in an act of violence in England, Scotland or Wales. The person responsible for your injuries does not necessarily have to have been convicted of, or even charged with that crime.

    You should file an application for compensation with the CICA within two years of the crime being committed.

    If the incident in which you received your injuries was not reported to the police, you will not be eligible for a compensation payment. If there is a delay in reporting the crime to the police, the CICA could deny your application for compensation. This is also the case if you refuse to cooperate with the police. If you provoked your attacker at any time, then the CICA could also deny compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You will need the following in order to file an application for compensation for your injuries with the CICA: –

    • a medical report;
    • the unique crime reference number you were given by the police when you reported the crime;
    • the date of the court case, if there is to be one; and
    • the name of your attacker, if you know it.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Although you can fill in an application form yourself online, you may need the services of a criminal injury lawyer as it can prove complicated. If you need help and advice regarding any potential personal injury compensation claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline at any time. We have two numbers for you to call; 0800 689 0500 for landline calls and 0333 500 0993 for calls from mobiles. For expert legal advice, why not call us now for experienced injury lawyers in Harbourside?

    Date Published: 30th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.