How much Exeter compensation?
How much compensation you are awarded for your personal injury compensation claim depends on several factors, such as:
- Severity of your injury
- Are you likely to recover short term, long term or not at all
- How much stress and anxiety have you been caused
- Loss of earnings, particularly if you are the main breadwinner of your household
- Cost of replacement equipment and accessories
- Private medical treatment
- Extra travel costs
- Cost of care if your are no longer able to look after yourself
Who pays Exeter compensation?
That depends on the type of accident and who was responsible:
- For a road traffic accident the first port of call would be the insurance company but if the other person is not insured or untraceable, the case would be referred to the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) who are meant to ensure victims of uninsured or untraceable drivers do not lose out because if the lack of insurance.
- For a slip, trip or fall in a pubic place it is more than likely the local authority who responsibility it is to maintain the pavements and highways. They will have public liability insurance to cover such incidents.
- For an accident at work it would be the insurance company that provides your employers with employers liability insurance. There are a few exceptions, such as government bodies, health trusts, etc. but generally it is the insurance companies that pay out on these claims.
- Criminal injuries are dealt with by the Criminal Injury Compensation Authority, a government funded scheme to compensate blameless victims of violent crime.
- Medical negligence depends on whether the claim is against a GP or a hospital but it would either be the insurance company that provides public liability insurance or the health trust.
How easy is it to claim Exeter compensation?
Claiming personal injury compensation is never easy if you try and handle it yourself. It really is an area that you need expert advice and assistance, and Accident Advice Helpline was established in 2000 to give just that. Over the last 13 years we have helped many thousands of victims get the personal injury compensation they were due from all types of different accidents.
We have in house solicitors who are experienced and professional in dealing with the large organisations. They all work on a No Win, No Fee* basis so you need not worry about funding your claim.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500, and discuss your case with one of our friendly, efficient advisers. They are there to make your life easier and to assist you all they can. The phone line is manned 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; someone is always there to help.Open Claim Calculator
Alternatively on our website there is the free 30-seond test, which is meant to give you a rough estimate of how much personal injury compensation you may be awarded.