Injuries caused by an Exeter car crash
There you are, travelling along the road, minding your own business, doing everything correctly and bang, crash! A driver behind you has run into the back of you; you have had an Exeter car crash. It may be that the traffic lights are in your favour, so you go across them, and a driver from the wrong direction shoots across while their lights are on red and bang, crash, you have had an Exeter car crash. These are just two of the many ways an Exeter car crash can happen, and if you have been injured in any type of car crash you might be entitled to claim personal injury compensation.
If you are injured in an Exeter car crash
If you are injured in a car crash, and you fit the criteria, you should be making a personal injury claim. This means:
- If the accident happened within the last three years
- If you were the driver but did not cause the accident
- If you were a passenger that has been injured it doesn’t matter which driver is at fault, it wasn’t your fault.
- If you have needed medical attention for your injuries
- If you are suffering stress or anxiety because of the accident
- If you have material losses, such as loss of earnings, because of the injuries sustained in the accident
The organisations that may be involved
There are several people that could be the parties responsible for paying out your personal injury compensation claim. The main ones are:
- Insurance companies
- Local authorities responsible for maintenance of the highways, if the accident has been caused by a pothole or bad road surface
- Motor Insurers Bureau if the other driver turns out to be uninsured, or in the case of a hit and run, untraceable. All insurers that offer motor insurance have to be a member of the MIB. Insurers have to pay the MIB a levy each year and supply them with information for a central database that details all the insured vehicles in the UK. The MIB is meant to make sure that injured parties do not lose out because of the lack of insurance on the part of the person at fault
- A manufacturer, if it turns out the accident was caused by something defective, for example the brakes.
If you have had an Exeter car crash, and you think you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline.
You have already had one incompetent driver hit the back of your car or shoot the lights, you don’t need someone else incompetent sorting out your compensation claim – so you call the best. Accident Advice Helpline is the best.Open Claim Calculator
You can complete the 30-second test on our website, or you can telephone our freephone number, 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a moble phone, any time of day or night, any day of the week. Our advisers are here waiting to take your call, to assist you all they can in getting your personal injury compensation claim into motion.