Home to William Shakespeare, one of the world’s most famous playwrights, it is easy to assume that Warwickshire will provide some of the best cultural experiences England has to offer. It is true that many of the county’s residents and visitors feel inspired by its literary greats, others prefer to enjoy a more active lifestyle, choosing to shun the thriving arts scene in favour of the many sports facilities found here.
Everyone knows that physical sports are associated with greater risks than activities associated with literature, it cannot be denied that participation in sports sets the groundwork for a healthy lifestyle. Injuries can sometimes occur. However, many are simply a part of participation. If an injury occurs that is not part of normal play, a event claims in Warwickshire, for compensation, may be on the horizon. Contrary to popular belief, amateur sports people are just as entitled to claim compensation as professional sports people. However, for a compensation claim to be successful, someone must have acted recklessly or dangerously, or failed to appropriately supervise, referee or umpire the activity.
Circumstances under which event claims in Warwickshire can be made
Sports injuries can occur under a range of circumstances, including:
• When dangerous defects are present on a pitch, court or other sporting facility
• When faulty or damaged equipment is provided
• When instructors or trainers provide inadequate supervision or incorrect instructions
• When other participants act recklessly or dangerously
They can occur in a wide range of situations, including:
• Team sports such as hockey, basketball, rugby and football
• Exercise classes such as aerobics and Zumba
• Motor sports such as go kart racing
• Outdoor pursuits such as rock climbing, skiing, canoeing and horse riding
• Physical education classes at schools, colleges and universities
• Physical training exercises at military bases
• Team building exercises held on behalf of workplaces
In most cases, sporting facilities, including those found in schools, will have liability insurance in place to cover sports injury claims.
Need help with event claims in Warwickshire?
If you have been searching high and low for an accident solicitor but haven’t found one then you’ll be pleased to hear that Accident Advice Helpline can assist you with your claim instead. We are a national firm that works across the whole of the country so we can help you regardless of where you live.
To enlist the help of Accident Advice Helpline or find out more about our service call us on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 or provide us with your details via our 30-second test. Our assistance and guidance will enable you to pursue the maximum possible compensation settlement for the injuries you have sustained.