Many innocent victims are put off making an Essex accident at work claim because of the things they have heard about making personal injury claims that make them sound complex, time consuming, expensive and generally not worth the hassle for the amount they will be awarded. But much of what they read in the media or hear from the pub will not apply to their situation, or is so out of date it is totally wrong anyway.
What they should really do if they want to make an Essex accident at work claim, is contact Accident Advice Helpline to get up to date information that is relevant to their own particular circumstances.
Some of the information that stops innocent victims making an Essex accident at work claim
There are many common misconceptions about making an Essex accident at work claim, just some of them being:
- The injuries are not serious enough – if your injuries meant that you had to see a doctor, or go to the local A&E, then they are serious enough to claim compensation for. Whoever treated them will be asked to provide a medical report, and sometimes the victim is asked to attend a separate medical with a specialist in their particular injury.
- I have left it too late – in most cases you have three years from the date of the accident to make a claim, although there are some exceptions such as criminal injuries, accidents and planes, and accidents on ships – they all have a two year time limit.
- I cannot afford it – this goes back to the days when only the rich could afford to make a claim, but now it is an option available to everyone because of the no win no fee agreement. This agreement means that no money is required to start the claim, and no money is needed if the claim is lost. We take the financial risk of winning the claim, and the innocent victim has nothing to lose.
- It will take too long – no one knows how long a claim will take, there are too many things that can affect the timescale. All we can promise is that at Accident Advice Helpline, we handle every claim as quickly and efficiently as possible, so that your claim does not drag out too long.
- It is not worth the effort for how much I will get – every victim, injury and accident are different, and every personal injury claim is unique. At the start of your claim amounts cannot be guaranteed, but if you complete the 30-second test on our website, you can get an estimate of how much your compensation could be. It is how many victims start their Essex accident at work claim, when they realise how much compensation they could be missing out on.