How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Employment law accident at work

    What Constitutes an Employment Law Accident at Work

    Any employer should be fully conversant with employment law accident at work because if they are not and you have an accident, it could be deemed their fault and could be very costly for them.

    Health and Safety

    Employers have a legal duty to protect you and let you know about all health and safety issues that effect you, usually in the form of a copy of their health and safety policy, but it can be verbal to yourself or an employee who acts as the health and safety representative on behalf of the staff.

    First Aiders

    Employers have to carry out risk assessments of the work and possible consequences.  One of the items the report will comment on is how many first aiders are needed, for the amount of staff and type of work and what amount of first aid equipment is required.  First aiders have no rights to extra pay for this job, although a lot of employers do give an incentive of some sort.

    Employment Law Accident at Work Says Serious Accidents Must be Reported

    The employer must report serious Accidents at work to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). There are several types of incidents that fall within the category of employment law accident at work that must be reported.  Examples are:

    • Death
    • Major injuries including broken limbs or ribs
    • Disease
    • Collapse of scaffolding or walls
    • People overcome by gas or fumes
    • An injury that would need you to have more than three days off work

    If you are involved in an accident, it’s not a bad idea to check that your employer has made the report.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Books

    All accidents, no matter how minor should be recorded in an accident book.  Not only will a record help you, if in the future you want to make a claim for compensation, but it also helps the employer to see if similar accidents keep happening, so they can takes steps to make sure they are avoided.

    Sick Pay

    In the majority of cases you would be entitled to statutory sick pay when you are off work because of an accident.  Some employers have sick schemes that pay more and sometimes an employer will pay more anyway depending on what has happened, but they do not have to pay more than you’re legally entitled to.

    Making a Compensation Claim for your Injury

    It is compulsory for most employers to have employers liability insurance and it’s from the insurers you claim your compensation.  There should be a certificate on display in the workplace giving all the insurance companies details, but if not your employer should supply it on request.

    Getting the Right Help

    Accident Advice Helpline are second to none at dealing with personal injury claims. This is why we have such a good reputation for looking after our clients.

    We have a freephone number, 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993, where you can speak to one of our friendly advisors, or you can complete the 30-second test online.

    Whichever you decide, we are confident that Accident Advice Helpline are the right people to help you.

    Date Published: 22nd July 2013

    Author: matthew

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.