Are you claiming employee compensation in Carlisle?
All UK employers have a legal obligation to protect the health and safety of their employees in the workplace. Anyone else who visits the business should also be safe. Some of the health and safety guidelines they need to follow are:
- Be sure that all plant and equipment is in proper working order;
- Ensure that staff are properly trained to use the plant and equipment;
- Have a health and safety policy in place, and make sure employees follow the guidelines;
- Make sure that the staff have adequate room to move without excessive twisting and turning;
- Keep walkways free of spillages and obstructions;
- Provide adequate first aid facilities;
- Inform employees about potential hazards in their job and give them the training needed to deal with these;
- Set up emergency plans in case an unsafe situation arises;
- Prevent or control exposure to dangerous substances;
- Take precautions against the risks involved because of flammable or explosive hazards, electrical equipment, noise or radiation;
- Provide protective clothing or equipment free of charge;
- Ensure the correct warning signs are in place;
- Carry out risk assessments and act on the findings;
- Record all accidents in an accident book; and
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
These are just a few of the health and safety guidelines recommended by the HSE.
Employees have guidelines as well
Employees need to follow guidelines as well. They need to:
- Follow the health and safety procedures of the employer;
- Wear any protective clothing provided;
- Report any plant and equipment that is not working correctly;
- Report any accidents, no matter how minor, to their employer;
- Report any potential hazards that arise to their employer;
- Do not consume alcohol during working hours; and
- Do not do anything that would put themselves or anyone else in danger.
Hopefully, if employers and employees abide by the rules, there is less likely to be an accident in which someone is injured and needs to use no win no fee* Carlisle lawyers.
Making a claim with Accident Advice Helpline
Any type of accident can be traumatic enough on its own, without then having the stress of making a personal injury claim for employee compensation in Carlisle. No win no fee* lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline use their skills and expertise to take the stress away from the victim, making the processes simple, quick and efficient.
To find out more about claiming for employee compensation in Carlisle, call our advisors on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile.
Alternatively, you can try our 30 second test which will let you know if you have a valid claim, and will also give you an estimate of the amount you might be awarded.