If an employee is injured at work through the negligence of their employer, they may be entitled to employee compensation in Cardiff and should be speaking to no-win, no-fee Cardiff lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline. They can avoid this by following health and safety guidelines, which include:
- Ensuring employees have enough space to work comfortably without excessive twisting and turning;
- Having a health and safety policy in place and ensuring staff comply with it;
- Having procedures in place should an emergency situation arise;
- Having regular fire drills;
- Keeping walkways and passageways free of spillages and obstructions;
- Providing necessary protective clothing free of any charge to the employee;
- Making sure the staff take proper breaks;
- Making sure all equipment and machinery is in proper working order and has all the required safety attachments;
- Giving the staff the proper training to operate the equipment and machinery safely;
- Carrying out risks assessments and acting on any recommendations the assessment advises;
- Recording accidents, no matter how minor, in an accident book; and
- Reporting serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
If employers do not comply with the rules and regulations, they should be reported to the HSE. They may be putting their employees at risk of being injured, and if that happens they might face claims for employee compensation in Cardiff.
The HSE investigate
The HSE investigate any reports they receive about injuries and take action where needed. They can prosecute the employer, which can result in heavy fines or even imprisonment. They also make random visits to businesses to ensure that everything is in order, and that the workforce is safe. If they find anything amiss, depending how bad the breach is, they will either allow a few days to correct the situation or close the business until the offence has been rectified.
Sometimes though, even when an employer does everything they should, accidents still happen and victims are still injured because of them.
Claim employee compensation in Cardiff with Accident Advice Helpline today
Accident Advice Helpline have the knowledge and expertise you need to fight your case successfully. Our solicitors have been dealing with such cases for many years; we have helped many thousands of claimants get the compensation to which they were entitled. They will handle your personal injury claim simply, quickly and efficiently while maximising the amount of compensation you are awarded.
Call Accident Advice Helpline on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500, to speak to one of our friendly advisors about employee compensation in Cardiff, and if you still wish to proceed then they will start your claim for you.
Alternatively, contact us on 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile.
Or, try our 30-second test to find out if you have a valid claim and get an estimate of the amount to expect for your injuries.
Date Published: 28th January 2014
Author: David Brown