Roads in Edinburgh have lots of potholes and defects just like roads all over the rest of the UK. It is nothing unusual to read a headline that a pothole has caused an accident, sometimes a very serious one. If you’ve been injured after hitting a pothole, you could make an Edinburgh sue for damages claim.
The causes of potholes
Several things can cause potholes, some of them are:
- Extreme weather variations. Water can seep down below the road surface and freeze and a hot spell will cause quick thawing of this which will cause the water to loosen the asphalt
- Contractors completing roadworks and patching the tarmac rather than resurfacing a full stretch, making the surface more likely to fall apart
- Laying the asphalt in the wrong weather conditions – sometimes councils are under such pressure to lay a road they complete the work no matter what the weather, but if it is too hot or cold the tarmac does not settle properly and is more likely to develop potholes
An accident involving a pothole can be very nasty, and could well result in someone making an Edinburgh sue for damages claim.
How to make an Edinburgh sue for damages claim
To be eligible to make a successful claim, your accident must first fit certain criteria.
- You can only claim if you were not responsible for causing your accident. Potholes are the responsibility of local authorities so you will need the right legal help.
- Any injuries you receive must be treated by a doctor.
- A claim must be started within 3 years, but you can start one just as soon as you like after your accident.
Accident Advice Helpline are legal specialists. We have been making successful compensation claims for over 15 years. We know how to handle all claims to make sure you get the best result.
As well as the best legal help, we also help with the financial side of making an Edinburgh sue for damages claim. This is because we make all claims on a no-win, no-fee* basis, so you don’t face any financial risk when you claim.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline today
For more information about how we can help, just call and speak to a trained advisor. Just call free from a landline using 0800 689 0500 or you can call us on 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile phone.
Accident Advice Helpline will give you free, no-obligation advice about making an Edinburgh sue for damages claim, and we will work hard to get you the best compensation too, so call now.