How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Eden incident in the workplace claim

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Eden

    Very often an Eden incident in the workplace claim for compensation could have been avoided if only employers took more care with health and safety issues. Many of them take these matters very seriously, but unfortunately there are some who care more about their profits than they do about their staff.

    This sort of employer should not be shocked when they have a Eden incident in the workplace claim made against them, as it is what they deserve for not ensuring their workforce is safe while they are at work. If you need to make such a claim, Accident Advice Helpline is here to help.

    Making an Eden incident in the workplace claim

    There is no need for employees to be concerned about making an Eden accident at work claim. Most workers are employed by either some sort of insured or funded organisation, such as government departments, the police, NHS trusts etc., or by a private employer.

    The government organisations pay compensation claims out of their own funding, and put money aside each year to cover the claims they inevitably get against them, and private employers legally have to have employers liability insurance to settle the claims.

    Employers liability insurance

    The employers that need this insurance generally buy it as part of an overall insurance package for their business. It is a legal requirement that they have a minimum cover of five million pounds, although most insurance companies start their entry level of cover at ten million pounds or more.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Each year, the employer has to make a declaration to the insurance provider regarding the number of staff on the payroll, and the level of the salaries they pay in total. Once the insurers have this, they issue a certificate of insurance, which the employer should really have on display somewhere so all employees know they are covered in the event of being injured in an accident that was not their own fault.

    If it is not on show and you want to see it, your employer should show it to you on request, and if they refuse, you should let the Health and Safety Executive know. The problem is that really they have no reason at all for withholding the certificate, unless of course they have not renewed their insurance.

    The Health and Safety Executive can insist on sight of the certificate, and if they still refuse to show it, they can be fined anything up to £1000. But much worse than this, if it turns out they are not insured, they can be fined up to £2500 for each day they do not have the cover in place – much cheaper to buy the insurance and save themselves the aggravation.

    Let’s look at making a work related claim

    Making a claim for compensation against your employer is a daunting prospect for many innocent victims of accidents, but it need not be if they contact Accident Advice Helpline and let us do it for you.

    We have had many years experience of dealing with employers and their insurance companies, and will make sure you get the best available deal for your own particular circumstances. Our no-win, no-fee* solicitors are experts in securing compensation.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no obligation advice about making a claim for compensation. Our lines are open daily and our team of advisers is on hand to make sure you have all the advice you need.

    Date Published: 16th September 2014

    Author: matthew

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.