Some roads in the UK are more dangerous than others and some places have notorious black spots where accidents happen regularly. Recent research shows that the roads you are more likely to have an accident on are country lanes, and that some of the safest are our motorways. This has surprised many people, mainly because of the speeds that are travelled on them, but they are safer because:
- The traffic is all travelling in one direction, which means it is most unlikely that you will have a head on collision with a vehicle coming in the other direction.
- There are no traffic lights on motorways, so drivers jumping red lights and causing an accident is not something that happens.
- There are no traffic islands on motorways, removing the places where drivers should be slowing down and giving way to other vehicles. It is the failure to do this that causes so many accidents on islands.
- Most of the signs on motorways are telling you distances to services and places, there are very few instructional signs for drivers to ignore and cause accidents.
All of these things that are missing on our motorways are on most other UK roads, and are often where and why accidents happen. If you are the unlucky victim of a road traffic accident that was not your fault, you can make an East Staffordshire car accident claim for compensation.
It appears that on rural roads drivers do not take as much care, and that most times they do not expect to meet other traffic. The problem is that drivers travelling in the opposite direction on the same road can be thinking this, and with all the bends and views obscured by trees and hedgerows, they do not see each other until it is too late.
Accidents with tractors often happen on country lanes for exactly the same reason.
Making your East Staffordshire car accident claim
Really it does not matter what type of road the accident you were injured in was on, as long as:Open Claim Calculator
- The accident was not your fault
- You needed medical attention
- The accident happened no more than three years ago
Under these circumstances you can claim compensation from the driver that caused the accident, and the easiest way to make your East Staffordshire car accident claim is with Accident Advice Helpline.
For the last 14 years we have been helping innocent victims with their East Staffordshire car accident claims, accident at work claims, slip, trip or fall claims, and in fact we have handled any type of claim you can imagine. This experience has allowed us to hone the processes into a simple, quick and efficient experience, so that the victim has as little stress as possible from making their compensation claim.
Chatting to our friendly and helpful advisors will sort out any queries you may have about making a claim, and put your mind at rest that you have chosen the right law firm to assist you with your quest for compensation.