There are numerous different accidents that happen while people are at work, and if they are injured when it was no fault of their own, they could be entitled to make an East Riding of Yorkshire accident at work claim, as long as their situation fits the legal criteria which is:
- The accident must have been caused by someone else, and quite often at work it is because off the negligence of the employer.
- Injuries must have been sustained in the accident that were severe enough to need medical attention, and medical reports will be required from whoever treated them.
- For most accidents there is a three year time limit from the date of the accident, but there are some exceptions to this rule.
The exceptions to the three year rule when you want to make an East Riding of Yorkshire accident at work claim
Most of the exceptions would not apply to a work related accident that causes an East Riding of Yorkshire accident at work claim to be made, but to be certain you should get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline, who will be able to clarify the position for your claim. The main exceptions are:
- If your accident took place on a plane or ship, the time limit is reduced to two years.
- Criminal injuries also have a two year time limit.
- Industrial illnesses can take many years to develop, so their time limit is three years from the date of diagnosis.
- If you were a minor at the time of the incident, and your parents or guardians did not make a claim for you at the time, the time periods allowed start on your eighteenth birthday.
In very exceptional circumstances the courts can overrule the time limits, but this rarely happens and usually is where mental injuries are involved.
Making your East Riding of Yorkshire accident at work claim for compensation
If you have been injured in any way through no fault of your own, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline on our freephone, 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone. Our friendly advisers will discuss your accident and injuries with you, and make sure you have enough up to date and relevant information to decide if you want to make a claim.
A chat with them is free of charge, puts you under no obligation to use our services and they will not try to influence you if you decide not to make a claim.Open Claim Calculator
We work on a ‘no win, no fee*’ basis so that we know everyone who approaches us can make a claim if they are entitled to, and we will never have to say no because of a lack of funds.
When you make your claim with us, we will handle it as simply, quickly and efficiently as possible, so that your personal injury claim experience will be free of stress and free of risk.