Steps to take to prevent a breakdown or car accident
It is much more likely that your car will break down or cause an East Renfrewshire car accident if it is not properly maintained and frequently checked and serviced. Cars do a fairly good job of keeping themselves ticking over, but small problems can very quickly become larger problems, and it is not worth ignoring any problem and hoping that it goes away, because the next thing you know the car could break down or you could be involved in an East Renfrewshire car accident which was your fault. Here are some of the steps you can take towards ensuring that your car is well maintained and less likely to cause, or be involved in, an East Renfrewshire car accident.
- F – Fuel. Top up your petrol whenever you pass a petrol station (unless you have only just refilled). Leaving it until you need petrol can mean that you run the risk of not being able to refuel when you need to. It makes more sense to keep your car topped up all the time.
- L – Lights. Clean and check all of the lights on your car on a regular basis. It is illegal to drive with any of your lights not working and can cause a serious accident.
- O – Oil. Check your oil levels regularly and top up if necessary. Try to never let the oil warning light come on because you haven’t checked it.
- W – Water. Check the fluid levels in your car as often as you can, most importantly the coolant, which prevents your car overheating and causing a breakdown or accident.
- E – Electrics. Check your battery as often as you can and take it to be serviced if you notice any problems, however small.
- R – Rubber. Check your tyres for scuffs, scratches and other problems, including low air pressure which could easily cause an accident.
Claiming for an East Renfrewshire car accident
If you do have an East Renfrewshire car accident and feel that the accident was caused by the negligence of someone else, consider making a claim for compensation against the other driver. Compensation can help to pay for medical expenses and help around the house whilst you recover from your injuries.
Even better, it can help you to get a sense of emotional closure about your accident so that you can start to move on. Call Accident Advice Helpline free from a landline on 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, charges may vary) to speak to the team about your accident, and find out whether or not you have a good case for a successful compensation claim. If you do, then you will be passed over to our experienced personal injury lawyers, who work on a 100% no-win, no-fee* basis to get you the compensation you deserve.
Date Published: 15th June 2014
Author: David Brown