Windscreen safety and repair, to avoid a car accident
It is far more likely that you will be involved in a East Dunbartonshire car accident if your windscreen is cracked, damaged or dirty. This is because any damage to dirt on your windscreen makes it more difficult to see what is going on around you. Even the smallest crack can cause light from headlights to refract and cause difficulty in seeing the whole road. Whilst a dirty windscreen means that you may miss potential hazards in advance, and drive straight into them blind. Here are some ways in which you can take care of your windscreen and repair any issues, to avoid a East Dunbartonshire car accident.
- Clean the inside and outside. Many people neglect to clean the inside of their windscreen purely because it is not exposed to the elements. However, the inside of a windscreen will still get dirty over time, if you are not regularly cleaning it.
- Keep your screen-wash topped up. Screen wash will come in handy throughout long journeys and may be needed at any time if something drops onto your windscreen. Screen-wash also helps to prevent your windscreen freezing over in the winter.
- Get chips and cracks repaired quickly. Even if you are only dealing with a tiny chip or crack on your windscreen these can grow over time and make it very difficult for you to see in certain lights, and certain parts of the road.
- Replace wiper blades regularly. The average life of wiper blades is around two years, but may be less if you use them a lot. Check your wiper blades regularly for signs of damage, and replace them straight away if you do notice any problems.
- Pull over and clean the windscreen if you have to. Don’t leave your windscreen smeared or dirty until you get home if something happens on your journey, pull over and fix the problem when it’s safe to do so.
If you do have a car accident in East Dunbartonshire which was not your fault then you may be able to make a compensation claim against the person at fault for your accident.
Accident Advice Helpline has over 14 years’ experience with personal injury compensation claims, and works with experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers in order to help you get the compensation you deserve.
You can call the helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to the team about your car accident regardless of where it happens. If you do have a good case for compensation then you will be passed over to our injury lawyers, who will look after your claim on your behalf, ensuring that the claim put forward is as strong as it can be.