The government district of East Devon had a population of 136,374 in 2014, although at the time of the 2001 census, it was revealed that one-third of the population here was over the age of 60 (compared to the UK average of 24%). But there are plenty of people of working age in East Devon, and of those, we’re sure that a fair few have been injured at accidents at work at some point or another. If this has happened to you and you’re considering claiming East Devon accident at work compensation, you could find out today if you’re eligible by getting in touch with Accident Advice Helpline.
Common workplace accidents
Whilst it’s true that there are some jobs that are more dangerous than others, such as working on a building site or in a factory, you really could be injured doing any job, at any time. It all depends how seriously your employer takes health and safety. If they have failed to keep you safe at work and you’ve been injured as a result, you could consider claiming East Devon accident at work compensation. Here are a few of the most common workplace accidents we have handled claims for over the past 15 years and more:
- Slips, trips and falls – for example tripping over trailing cables in an office or slipping on a wet floor in a factory
- Falls from height – you could fall from a roof, scaffolding or even a step ladder in an office
- Scalds and burns from hot drinks or food being spilt
- Food poisoning from the work canteen
- Objects falling from height – for example boxes of files falling on you
- Machinery accidents such as trapping your fingers in the rollers of factory machinery
- Vehicle accidents whilst driving for work
If you’ve been injured in a workplace accident, we could help you get the compensation you deserve.
Claiming compensation for minor injuries
It doesn’t matter if you have suffered minor or severe injuries, if your employer has been negligent and you’ve been hurt in an accident as a result, we believe you deserve to seek East Devon accident at work compensation. You could get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline right now by calling our helpline on 0800 689 0500 to see if you could make a claim. It’s free to call and our team of personal injury advisors is on hand to ensure you get the advice you need, in confidence and with no obligation to proceed.