People in Dudley do not always realise how much money you have to lay out after being injured in an accident that was not your own fault. Nor do they consider that how much making Dudley car accident claims can help with this. There can be expenses people never dreamed of, because unless you know someone who has already been in this situation, and have seen the sorts of things that some victims have to pay for.
The expenses that Dudley car accident claims can help with
There are generally extra expenses after an accident. Financial problems can be compounded if the victim is a wage earner and their income is reduced as well. Although they would be entitled to statutory sick pay, this is usually a fraction of their salary. Of course, not every victim will have to face every expense, but some of the ones that can arise are:
- Medical expenses – This could be for treatments the NHS will not pay for, but which could help your recovery. Then there can be prescription charges and all sorts of medical paraphernalia that you may need.
- Travel costs – If you have to go back and forth to hospital appointments and cannot drive, you are going to either pay for a taxi or maybe give a friend petrol and parking money to take you.
- Home help – Some injuries mean that you cannot do the jobs around the home that you normally would. It is not unusual for victims to have to employ cleaners or gardeners to help them till they have recovered.
- Care costs – There are some things that we have to do for ourselves that can become very difficult with some injuries. Having a shower, getting clothes changed and all the other intimate things victims can need help with for a while.
- Home adaption – For some victims the home they live in is no longer suitable for their needs and they either have to have it adapted, or move home altogether.
- Childcare costs – There can be times when the victim needs to pay for childcare, and this does not come cheap. If they need help getting children to and from school or just generally looking after them, it can be a cost that is unavoidable.
These, and other expenses that are caused because of the accident, and any lost earnings, can be recouped if your claim is successful. Keeping a record of them all with the receipts can be very useful. You will need to be able to prove them when you make your Dudley car accident claims.
How to start your compensation claim
If you have been injured through the actions of someone else and want to claim compensation, get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline for all the help and advice you need.
You can call our advisers for free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone. Have a chat to them about your circumstances and the experience you have been through. They will give you free legal advice and help you all they can if you decide you want to make a compensation claim.
Date Published: 20th November 2014