How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Dover road traffic accidents

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Dover

    When it comes to getting around whilst you are on holiday, you have a number of options to choose from. You could hire a car to get you around, giving you the freedom to head out and return whenever you want to, choose your own route and go at your own pace.

    Or you could use public transport, which is more likely to get you to your destination without getting lost, and allows you to enjoy drinks by the pool if you so desire! There are plenty of other ways to decide which option you want to go with, but it is easiest to decide before you go so that you can do your research in advance and prepare for getting around as easily as possible.

    Hiring a car

    • You will be able to go where you want when you want. Public transport often stops at a certain time in the evening, and it may take too long or require too many changes to get to certain destinations.
    • Easier with children. It is much easier to keep all of your children under control and make sure that you are all together if you drive yourselves from place to place. Most people with children will choose to hire a car if they plan on moving around a lot.
    • Can make you feel more secure. If you have a car then you may feel safer than you would getting on public transport in a new town.

    Public transport

    • The freedom to drink when you want to. On a grown up holiday, it is natural for you to want a couple of glasses of wine with lunch or a beer on the beach. If you do partake in alcohol and have driven to your destination, you may find yourself stuck there!
    • Cheaper. If you have a destination where everything is pretty much within walking distance anyway, there is no point spending the money on a hire car that you will only use a couple of times during the whole trip.

    What to do if you are involved in Dover road traffic accidents

    If you are involved in Dover road traffic accidents whilst you are on holiday then you should be able to make a claim for compensation against the other driver, as long as you can prove that they were at fault for your accident. You can call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to discuss Dover road traffic accidents with the team and find out more about the compensation process. If you decide that your Dover road traffic accidents entitles you to make a claim, the team can pair you with an experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyer who will work on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve.

    Date Published: 14th August 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.