When it comes to getting around whilst you are on holiday, you have a number of options to choose from. You could hire a car to get you around, giving you the freedom to head out and return whenever you want to, choose your own route and go at your own pace.
Or you could use public transport, which is more likely to get you to your destination without getting lost, and allows you to enjoy drinks by the pool if you so desire! There are plenty of other ways to decide which option you want to go with, but it is easiest to decide before you go so that you can do your research in advance and prepare for getting around as easily as possible.
Hiring a car
- You will be able to go where you want when you want. Public transport often stops at a certain time in the evening, and it may take too long or require too many changes to get to certain destinations.
- Easier with children. It is much easier to keep all of your children under control and make sure that you are all together if you drive yourselves from place to place. Most people with children will choose to hire a car if they plan on moving around a lot.
- Can make you feel more secure. If you have a car then you may feel safer than you would getting on public transport in a new town.
- The freedom to drink when you want to. On a grown up holiday, it is natural for you to want a couple of glasses of wine with lunch or a beer on the beach. If you do partake in alcohol and have driven to your destination, you may find yourself stuck there!
- Cheaper. If you have a destination where everything is pretty much within walking distance anyway, there is no point spending the money on a hire car that you will only use a couple of times during the whole trip.
What to do if you are involved in Dover road traffic accidents
If you are involved in Dover road traffic accidents whilst you are on holiday then you should be able to make a claim for compensation against the other driver, as long as you can prove that they were at fault for your accident. You can call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to discuss Dover road traffic accidents with the team and find out more about the compensation process. If you decide that your Dover road traffic accidents entitles you to make a claim, the team can pair you with an experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyer who will work on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve.