Have you suffered an accident and are you wondering how you could develop an internal injury? This article will look at internal injuries and answer the following questions:
- How you could develop an internal injury in an accident
- What treatment is needed for an internal injury
- How to make a claim for an internal injury
How you could develop an internal injury in an accident
You could develop an internal injury in a number of ways. The most common ways to suffer internal injuries would be in a high speed car accident, a slip or trip or a fall onto a sharp object. Your internal injuries are caused in one of two ways:
- Blunt trauma, which happens in incidents like a car crash or a trip. In this kind of injury, your body suffers a collision at high speed, which tears or crushes blood vessels inside your body, causing internal bleeding.
- Penetrating trauma, which describes what happens when an object penetrates your body, tearing its way through blood vessels. this might happen if you were to fall onto a sharp object.
What treatment is needed for an internal injury
Your treatment for internal injuries will depend on the severity of the injuries. Severe internal injuries usually become obvious very quickly, as the internal bleeding causes a large degree of pain, perhaps accompanied with fainting and changes in blood pressure. This type of case requires immediate hospitalisation and often surgery.
A slower bleed resulting from internal injuries may need medical observation, as the doctors will try to avoid surgery if possible. Minor internal injuries may cause little discomfort, similar to bruising and tenderness, and you may see the effect of the injury several days later in the form of very red bruising emerging from inside.
How to make a claim for an internal injury
Making a claim for your internal injuries with Accident Advice Helpline is straightforward. We have been fighting claims just like yours for more than 15 years and we are the experts in our field. Call us for a no obligation chat about your accident and injury. We can confirm that you are eligible to claim and we can provide you with an estimate of the compensation award you could receive for your injury.
Our no-win, no-fee* promise gives you peace of mind that you are not taking a financial risk. And our reputation speaks for itself, along with our patron, consumer champion Dame Esther Rantzen. Just call us on 0800 689 0500, or from a mobile on 0333 500 0993.
Category: Internal injury claims