Need to find out quickly if you can claim compensation?
Pedestrians remain one of the most vulnerable groups of road users and accidents involving pedestrians are increasing. Many motorists may not take into account their driving speed in areas of high pedestrian traffic, resulting in a failure to stop in time should a pedestrian cross the road ahead.
If you, or someone you are close to, have suffered a serious injury as the result of a pedestrian related accident that wasn’t your fault within the last 3 years’, then you may be eligible to claim personal injury compensation for your Derbyshire Dales accident claims.
What is a pedestrian related accident?
A pedestrian related accident is any accident that involves a pedestrian or group of pedestrians. These types of accidents may occur in pedestrianised areas which are designated for the primary use of pedestrians as well as emergency vehicles/access for vehicles, pathways, verges, zebra crossings, pelican crossings, foot bridges, lanes and carriageways.
These types of accidents may be caused by:
- a failure of motorists to stop in good time, causing a collision with a pedestrian
- a failure of the pedestrian to look adequately before crossing the road or leaving the pavement
- motorists failing to obey road signs and road markings, causing a collision
- motorists driving at excessive speeds for the road conditions or weather conditions causing a collision
- motorists driving without lights especially at night or in poor weather, causing a collision
- pedestrians walking on the wrong side of the road for oncoming traffic
- pedestrians not wearing reflective clothing at night, making it difficult to be seen by other road users
- motorists losing control or mechanical failure causing a collision with oncoming pedestrians
- failure of motorists to check adequately before turning left at junctions for pedestrians crossing the carriageway
What injuries can pedestrian related accidents cause?
Injuries can be serious, and even life threatening, if a pedestrian is hit by an oncoming vehicle at speed and may include:Open Claim Calculator
- lacerations and bleeding
- soft tissue injuries
- broken, fractured, dislocated bones
- head injury
- loss of consciousness
- internal injury and loss of blood
- neck injury
- back injury
- injury to a limb
- spinal injury
- fatal injury
Claiming for your Derbyshire Dales accident claims
If you have suffered a Derbyshire Dales accident claims and need advice that you can trust to decide if making a personal injury compensation claim is right for you, then call the leading law firm: Accident Advice Helpline.
Their team of dedicated advisers are on hand to answer your call and offer you no obligation advice about claiming compensation for your accident claims. Infact, they can notify you of your eligibility to pursue a claim for personal injury compensation whilst you are on the phone.
If you decide to go ahead, then your claim will be processed by a highly experienced injury solicitor who will handle all aspects of your accident claim on your behalf on a no win no fee* basis. Find out how we can help you today by calling: 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.