How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Damages for Personal Injury

    What are damages for personal injury?

    If you have been involved in accident where someone else was to blame, then you may be eligible to receive damages for personal injury. Damages are another name for compensation – an amount of money you will be able to receive after going through the legal claims process.

    Compensation or damages for personal injury claims cover a wide range of accident types. Eligibility to make a claim is determined by whether the accident was someone else’s fault, resulted in the need for medical attention and happened within the past three years.

    The following accidents may result in damages for personal injury claims:

    • Work accidents such as a fall at work, industrial deafness, asbestos-related illness or vibration white finger
    • Slips, trips or falls, perhaps on a broken pathway or a wet surface in a shopping centre
    • Road traffic accidents, including drivers, passengers, pedestrians, motorcyclists and cyclists
    • Medical negligence cases such as during a routine GP visit or surgical operation

    If you have been involved in an accident and think you may be entitled to receive damages for personal injury – you can check using a quick and easy online tool such as Accident Advice Helpline’s 30 second calculator. This will confirm your entitlement and also provide you with an estimated compensation figure – an idea of how much money you may receive in damages.

    How are damages for personal injury calculated?

    Compensation amounts are widely based on the following:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • The type and severity of your injury. For example, brain injury resulting in long-term problems will likely result in a greater amount of compensation than temporary ankle pain resulting from a sprain.
    • Medical expenses such as treatment costs and bills for prescribed medication. For those who will be affected by their injury on a long term basis, this may include at-home care, modifications to your home, or even residential care.
    • Loss of earnings due to an inability to work – either temporary or permanent If you are permanently unable to work following your injury, then your compensation claim will take this into account – including the likelihood of future promotions and pensions.

    How do I make a claim?

    To make a claim, simply get in touch with a compensation provider such as Accident Advice Helpline and we will do the rest. We use over ten years of experience to ensure that making a claim is as straightforward and stress-free as possible, ensuring that the process does not add to the already difficult situation caused by your accident.

    Working with over 190 independent legal partners, we are always able to find a legal expert who specialises in your particular personal injury type, whether a car crash, a fall in a public place or a claim made against your employer.

    Get in touch today to start your claim on a no win no fee basis – our advice line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or alternatively you can fill out our short online claim form.

    Date Published: 28th February 2013

    Author: Sharon Parry

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.