How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Damages awarded for a broken hand

    If you are wondering about damages awarded for a broken hand, then you could take the 30-second test on the Accident Advice Helpline website. This will give you an estimate of the damages awarded for broken hand injuries. If you have broken your hand in an accident that was not your fault which occurred in the last three years, then perhaps you have a case to file for personal injury compensation.

    Damages awarded for a broken hand

    If you play sports or are a professional musician, and have damages awarded for a broken hand, you might receive more compensation than some other people with the same injury, because you can claim for loss of earnings if your injury means that you cannot work for a period of time. In some jobs you can still work with one hand, but for others this is impossible. No one can say how much the damages awarded for a broken hand might be, as each case is different. That is why the 30-second test and other such calculators can only give you an estimate of the damages to be awarded.

    You may have fallen and put out your hand to break your fall, which could have resulted in your broken hand. You may have fallen in the street because of an uneven pavement, or you could have slipped on a wet floor in a supermarket. In either such case, you may have grounds to file a personal injury compensation claim, as you may be able to prove that your accident was caused by negligence on the part of another person.

    If you fall in the street because of a broken paving slab, the local authority may be to blame. It has the responsibility to maintain all roads and pavements and keep them in a good state of repair. If you slipped in a supermarket, then you may be able to claim damages from the owner.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Accident Advice Helpline have been helping people like you to win compensation claims for personal injuries for more than a decade now. We work with a team of expert solicitors from all over the UK and can help you, if you would like us to, with any possible personal injury compensation claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You can visit the Accident Advice Helpline website to find out more about us, and then you might want to call us. We are always available to take your calls and offer advice. You can call us at any time on one of our freephone numbers: 0800 689 0500 for landline calls and 0333 500 0993 for mobiles. Why not call us now for expert advice about damages awarded for a broken hand and ways of moving your claim forward?

    Date Published: 7th July 2013

    Author: leva20

    Category: Hand injury claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.