Cycling injury lawyers in Redbourn
One of the most regular pastimes in the UK is riding a bicycle. It is becoming increasingly popular. If you live somewhere like Redbourn, it provides perfect roads for you to ride your bicycle, but if you should have an accident whilst out riding no matter where you live, you might be entitled to make a personal injury claim, and in this case you might want to use cyclinginjury lawyers in Redbourn to help you to successfully claim compensation.
The things than can cause cycling accidents
- A driver opening their car door as you are riding past;
- A pothole in the road or a bad road surface;
- Oil or mud on the road causing you to slip and slide; or
- Colliding with a vehicle such as a car, lorry or bus.
If you suffer from one of these or any other accident whilst riding your bicycle, and you are injured as a result, you might be able to make a personal injury compensation claim.
Injuries you can sustain
The injuries you may sustain vary greatly, but just a few of them are:
- Anxiety and stress;
- Facial injuries;
- Eye injuries;
- Joint injuries;
- Soft tissue injuries;
- Broken bones;
- Road rash (when you slide along the road and remove skin and flesh from your body);
- Cuts and bruises;
- Back injuries;
- Neck injuries;
- Spinal injuries; and
If you should suffer from one of these injuries in a cycling accident that was not your fault, it would enable you to make a personal injury claim using cycling injury lawyers in Redbourn.
Reducing the risks
There are things a cyclist can do to reduce the risk of accidents, and of serious injury:
- Wear a well fitting good quality safety helmet;
- Wear something bright or reflective so you are easily visible;
- When passing parked cars, leave enough room for a door to be opened; and
- Do not ride next to another rider and make it difficult for vehicles to overtake you.
The make-up of your claim
The effects of your accident on your future life need to be accounted for when making your injury claim. Injuries from any type of accident can be severe and life changing, such as:
- Pain and suffering;
- Anxiety and stress;
- Loss of earnings, past and future;
- Home adaption or home moving costs;
- Replacement of damaged goods;
- Extra medical expenses; and
- Any other cost or loss that is a direct result of the accident.
Who to approach
You should approach Accident Advice Helpline, the experts in personal injury claims. We will give you all the help and advice you need and take the stress away from you. Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 and our advisors will deal with everything, giving you a little hassle as possible.
On our homepage there is a 30-second test. This will give you an estimate of the amount you may receive, but this is only an estimate because every accident, injury and victim is different, and these all affect the amount of your compensation.