Tips for road safety and avoiding cycling accident claims in Exeter
It is only natural that as a responsible driver, you would want to do everything you can to avoid a collision.
This would reduce the likelihood of injuries to yourself and others, resulting in potential cycling accident claims in Exeter, and reduce the chances of damage to your vehicle as well. There are some fairly easy tips for road safety that you can follow, such as:
- Always abide by the speed limit – even when you think there is no one else around
- Adjust your driving to the weather conditions (e.g. snow, sleet, rain, fog, low sun, etc.)
- Pull over and stop if you are feeling tired or drowsy
- Leave yourself enough time when planning a journey to avoid unsafe driving such as rash overtaking, undertaking, unsafe shortcuts, or speeding
- Leave a large enough safety gap so that you can brake at a moment’s notice if required
- Be aware of other road users, especially pedestrians, cyclists, and others with limited protection
- Adjust your headlights so that you can see clearly in all daylight conditions/times of day or night
In spite of the fact that you may put into practice all the necessary road safety advice, the same may not be said for others. When other drivers are careless, reckless and negligent, you could still find yourself suffering painful injuries as a result.
At Accident Advice Helpline, we are committed to helping those that have been wronged by other drivers. We know that if you were doing nothing wrong and yet have still been involved in a car accident, you could be feeling angry and mistreated – and with good reason. Our solicitors are here to help, drawing on over ten years of experience with car accident compensation claims in Exeter. If you were not in any way to blame, you could be within your rights to make a claim.
Learn more about cycling accident claims in Exeter
If another driver has caused an accident within the past three years, you could be entitled to make a claim if you have been injured.
It doesn’t matter how serious or minor the injury – if you weren’t responsible, you shouldn’t just be expected to live with it. Accident Advice Helpline solicitors are here to make sure this is never the case, and that you get the advice and help you need to make a claim. We have our own no win, no fee solicitors available, so you don’t have to worry about finding the money upfront to get started. To learn more, contact us on 0800 689 0500.
Date Published: 1st April 2015
Author: David Brown