How to make the most of your Croydon accident claim
As one of the country’s leading injury law firms we know the right way to set about claiming – and the wrong way!
If you claim with us, your accident claim will be dealt with by one of our experienced injury lawyers, who will do everything that they can to make sure that your claim is successful, but there are several things that you can do to help them, and also to make sure that you get all of the compensation that you are owed.
Don’t worry, we know you don’t want a lengthy to do list, but none of these things will take very long.
How to help your claim
- The first thing you should do is check that you meet the criteria for claiming: you can make a Croydon ‘no win, no fee*’ compensation claim for any injury, so long as the accident that caused you to be injured took place in the past three years, and that accident was someone else’s fault. Please call us on 0800 689 0500 and we will confirm that you are eligible to claim.
- You should write a brief account of your accident, including a description of your injury and an outline of how your injury affected your life. This will ensure that you give your lawyer all the details that they need – to get you all of the compensation that you are owed!
- You should also take photographs of your injury, and if possible, the scene of your accident. If you are claiming for an injury caused by a road accident you should also take photos of the damage to your vehicle.
- If you suspect that a law was broken in the circumstances surrounding your accident, you should report this to the police.
- If your accident happened in a public place, you should write a letter of complaint to whoever was responsible for keeping that space safe for public use.
- Your lawyer will make sure that you are reimbursed any money that you have spent on accident related costs. So keep track of your injury-related expenses and retain the relevant receipts and bank statements.
- And lastly, wait until you are fully recovered form your injury before you file your Croydon ‘no win, no fee*’ compensation claim. If you claim before you are fully recovered, and incur additional costs – such as private medical fees, you will not be able to claim those costs back!
When you are ready to make a start on your Croydon ‘no win, no fee*’ compensation claim please give our helpline call on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone. The adviser that takes your call will take some basic information from you, and then get one of our injury lawyers to call you.
Once they have all the information that they need, your lawyers will do everything in their power to make sure that your Croydon ‘no win, no fee*’ compensation claim is successful, and that you get the money that you deserve.