A criminal injury is a type of personal injury that is particularly upsetting and distressing. You may have physical or psychological injuries to cope with. Also, many people suffer financially from criminal injuries because they cannot work at all or cannot work as many hours as they used to. Some people have to buy-in extra help with child-care, household tasks or even personal care. Thankfully, an organisation has been established to help people in this situation. It is called the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority uses a special set of rules to determine who will receive compensation and how much each person will receive. This is sometimes called the criminal injury compensation tariff. If you are looking for some help and guidance on how to work with the criminal injury compensation tariff, here are the top 5 things that you should know.
Top 5 facts about the criminal injury compensation tariff
- If you contact a claims management company like Accident Advice Helpline they will deal with this for you. You can contact them at a time and on a day that is convenient to you. They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The friendly, professional advisors at Accident Advice Helpline have a unique 30 second test which will work out whether your claim from the criminal injury compensation tariff is likely to be successful. You do not have to pursue the claim unless you want to, however, the choice is yours.
- You will be put in touch with one of the national network of 200 legal partners who are experts in dealing with the criminal injury compensation tariff. They will liaise with the criminal injury compensation authority on your behalf and guide you through the process. Don’t worry about expensive legal costs. The legal partners work on a no win no fee basis so legal costs can be recovered from another party. If your claim is unsuccessful, you will not pay a thing.
- Most claims relating to the criminal injury compensation tariff are handled over the telephone so you will not have lots of appointments with lawyers to worry about. You may need to attend one appointment with a doctor locally for a medical assessment. Of course, the exact amount of compensation that you will get cannot be guaranteed as it varies from case to case.
- Not all claims management companies are the same so take some time and great care in choosing the one that will handle your claim. Accident Advice Helpline has been dealing with the criminal injury compensation tariff for over 10 years. They are fully endorsed by consumer champion and trusted TV personality Esther Rantzen.