Criminal Injury Claim


Are you the victim of a criminal injury? Do you wish to make a claim for compensation? Accident Advice Helpline can help you to find out how much you are entitled to, match you up with one of our 200 solicitors and handle your criminal injury claim from start to finish.

Only one in 20 people in the UK eligible to make an injury claim go ahead and do so. If you are one of the 19, you could be missing out on a large sum of money. Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we make it as easy as possible for you to claim what you deserve. 

What is a criminal injury claim?

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority state that if you have been the victim of a criminal injury, whether physical or mental, you are entitled to compensation. If the incident occurred within the last three years and you sustained an injury for which you had to seek out medical attention, then Accident Advice Helpline can help you to make a claim.

Examples of what is eligible for a criminal injury claim include, but are not limited to:

  • Being assaulted or attacked;
  • Being bitten by a person’s animal;
  • Being hit by a car on purpose; and
  • Being sexually assaulted.

In addition to these examples, instances in which psychological damage is done, such as being threatened with a weapon causing panic attacks, could be eligible for compensation.

How do I make a criminal injury claim?

Accident Advice Helpline believe that after being the victim of a crime, the last thing you want to do is go through a lengthy process in which you are unsure of what is going on. We believe in making things as simple as possible, as well as giving you the best advice we can. Our advisors are available on the telephone 24 hours a day, seven days a week and will be able to talk you through your criminal injury claim options. Our advice is free under no obligation, so if you do not feel the necessity to go ahead with your claim then that is fine, too. You can also use our quick and easy 30-second test online to see whether or not your claim for compensation would be eligible, before you speak to an advisor.

What happens with my criminal injury claim next?

After speaking with one of our friendly advisors, you may decide to continue with your claim, in which case we will then match you with one of our 200 solicitors who can take your claim further. All of our lawyers offer a no win no fee* service, so if your claim is not successful for any reason then you will not have to pay out any legal costs. Again, all of our advice is completely free and under no obligation, so call us today to begin your criminal injury claim on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )