You’re probably aware that the law in the UK allows you to make a claim for compensation if you’ve been injured in any accident which was not your fault. Millions of people every year suddenly find themselves needing to know the cost of personal injury lawyers in North Dorset if they’ve been involved in an accident they weren’t responsible for causing.
Forced into giving up work
For some, the consequences of an injury may be minor and short-term but for others there are far larger consequences.
If you’ve suffered damage which may cause you either chronic pain or loss of movement, you might be faced with far more than needing medical treatment: you could find your life altered altogether. It may be that you can’t socialise as you once did, that you’re unable to spend as much time with your family and friends, you may have to give up a hobby, or you may find that you’re no longer able to continue to work.
There could be a number of consequences in this situation:
- Loss of a regular income
- Loss of future earnings
- Lack of pension and other work based benefits
- Loss of socialising and work based camaraderie
- For many people, their job is about more than a wage; it is a part of them and they put a great deal of their self-worth into their job and the way they carry it out. Therefore, they may become bored, anxious, depressed or stressed by their newfound lack of self
If your circumstances have changed suddenly as the result of an accident you weren’t responsible for causing, the future might seem bleak and unpredictable. You might wonder how you’re going to cope.
In this instance, assessing the cost of personal injury lawyers in North Dorset and making a claim for compensation from the person responsible for causing your injuries may be a positive step for you to take:
- You’ll receive a full and formal acknowledgment and apology for the accident and the circumstances
- The financial settlement could ensure that your wage and your loss of any future earnings are compensated for
- The financial settlement could also give you access to medical treatment and therapy which could put you back into an employable position
Seeking the cost of personal injury lawyers in North Dorset
It can be tempting, in the face of a life-altering injury to give in completely. Accident Advice Helpline is here to fight on your behalf, remaining strong when you don’t feel that you can. Call us today on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 14th August 2015
Author: David Brown