Making a compensation claim in Copeland: what you need to know
We can help you make a compensation claim in Copeland for any injury, so long as the accident that caused you to be injured was someone else’s fault, and it took place in the past three years. Your claim will be handled by one of our experienced injury lawyers, who will do everything that they can to get you your money as quickly as possible – and they will work for you under a ‘no win, no fee’ contract, so you will not have to find the money to pay your legal bill, we will take care of that when your claim is settled. You can make a Copeland ‘no win, no fee’ compensation claim for any injury, no matter how serious it was, because as an injury law firm, we know that even those minor injuries can have major knock-on effects; as victims struggle to get back into their routines and keep on top of the bills. So long as the injury that you suffered was seen by a doctor, or medical professional, you can claim. You have three years from the date of your accident in which to file your Copeland ‘no win, no fee’ compensation claim with one of our injury lawyers.
How to claim
Your injury lawyer will take good care of your Copeland ‘no win, no fee’ compensation claim, but there are several things that you can do to make sure that your claim has the best possible chances of success.
- Make sure that you are fully recovered from your injury before you claim; you can only claim once, so if you claim too soon, and end up incurring additional costs, you will not get that money back!
- It is important that you give your injury lawyer as much information as possible about your injury, so why not write everything down before you claim? This way you can be sure that you haven’t missed out any important details.
- Take photographs of your injuries, and the scene of your accident.
- If you suspect that a crime was committed in the circumstances surrounding your accident, report this to the police. Similarly if your accident happened in a shop, business premises or public place report the accident to the relevant authority. Keep copies of any correspondence!
- Your injury lawyer will see that you are reimbursed the money you have spent on accident related costs, such as travel, childcare or lost earnings, so make a note of what your costs are, and retain the relevant receipts and bank statements.
When you are ready to claim, please give our helpline a call on 0800 689 0500. Or call 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile. Both lines are open twenty-four hours a day, and all calls are confidential.
- You can also find more information on claiming, and customer reviews, on our comprehensive website: www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk.
Date Published: 26th November 2014
Author: David Brown