How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What is compensation in the uk?

    Personal injuries can result from a range of circumstances, including accidents at work, road traffic accidents and accidents in public places. If you have been injured in an accident of any kind and you are able to prove that someone else was at least partly to blame, it may be possible for you to claim compensation.

    What is compensation in the UK?

    A compensation settlement typically comprises two main awards: general damages and special damages.

    Your general damages award will compensate you for the pain and suffering you have had to cope with as a result of your injury, as well as your inability to perform everyday tasks, while your special damages award will compensate you for the money you have had to pay out as a result of your accident.

    You may also be able to claim for your future losses if, for example, you are unlikely to return to work as a result of your injury.

    What is compensation in the UK and how do I claim it?

    To receive compensation for your accident, you will need to call Accident Advice Helpline and instruct a personal injury solicitor to make a 100% no win, no fee claim against the person or organisation at fault for your injury. While you can make a claim against a careless driver in a road traffic accident or your employer in an accident at work, it is also possible for you to sue your relatives through any relevant insurance policy they may hold. For example, if you were a passenger in a car driven by your partner and you were involved in an accident caused by your partner’s carelessness, you will be able to claim against your partner’s vehicle insurance policy.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What is compensation in the UK and when do I need to claim it?

    Regardless of whether you knew the person at fault for your accident, you must start court proceedings within three of the date of your accident. If you fail to do so, the court may reject your claim. The court can, in rare circumstances, override the three-year time limit and if you think you may be able to persuade the court to exercise its discretion, you should consult with us as soon as you can.

    Date Published: 10th July 2014

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.