How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation tables for personal injury

    Compensation tables for personal injury

    Have you been injured in an accident caused by somebody else, anywhere in the UK? If so, and if it has been less than three years since your accident, you could be entitled to make a personal injury claim with Accident Advice Helpline. Compensation tables for personal injury, also known as Ogden Tables, are tables which can be used to work out financial losses after an accident. These compensation tables for personal injury are normally used by lawyers to ensure that your compensation award is as accurate as possible. If you’ve been injured, you have three years in which to make a claim, so it’s a good idea to get in touch with us as soon as possible after your accident.

    How do compensation tables for personal injury work?

    Compensation tables for personal injury contain statistical information which can be used to calculate the loss of future income and outgoings after sustaining a serious injury. These tables take into account a range of factors, such as retirement age, life expectancy and inflation levels. For example, if you have suffered a serious brain injury after a car accident or a spinal injury after falling from scaffolding at work, and you have been left unable to return to work on a permanent basis, you may be looking to claim compensation for loss of future earnings. Compensation tables for personal injury can be used to calculate how much income you could miss out on. This amount will then be included in your total compensation entitlement.

    What are the most common types of workplace accident?

    If you’ve been injured in an accident at work, then you might find yourself in a position to make a personal injury claim if somebody else (usually your employer) is liable. There are some types of workplace accident and injury that are more common than others and here are a few examples:

    • Slips, trips and falls
    • Falls from height
    • Manual handling accidents and injuries
    • Repetitive strain injury
    • Being hit by falling objects
    • Cuts and lacerations
    • Hearing damage from loud noise exposure

    These are just a few of the types of accidents which are the most common – over the past 16 years and more, Accident Advice Helpline has helped thousands of people to claim compensation after being injured in these types of accidents, and we have used compensation tables for personal injury to ensure that anybody who claims receives the right amount of compensation.

    What injuries could be sustained in a road traffic accident?

    Compensation tables for personal injury are often used to calculate awards in the event that serious injuries are sustained in a road traffic accident. You don’t need to be the driver of a vehicle to make a claim – you could be eligible if you were travelling as a passenger in a vehicle such as a car, bus or train, or even claim compensation if you’re a pedestrian who has been hit by a vehicle or a cyclist or motorcyclist injured in an accident. In the year ending 2016, 182,560 people were injured on the UK’s roads, with 25,160 of those injuries serious.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Injuries sustained in road traffic accidents could include things like broken bones, cuts and bruises, facial injuries and fractures, crush injuries, burns (if your vehicle catches fire), head injuries and whiplash – one of the most common reasons for motorists to make a personal injury claim. A serious, life-changing injury sustained in a car accident may mean you’re unable to return to work, which can affect you and your family financially. Accident Advice Helpline’s lawyers work on a 100% no-win, no-fee* basis, which means that making a claim is affordable for anybody.

    Have you been injured in a public place?

    We often hear from people who have sustained injuries after an accident in a public place, and a common issue is that they’re unsure who was responsible for their accident. Public places could include almost anywhere – the local library, shopping centres, leisure centres, children’s play parks or even on the street. Slips, trips and falls are by far the most common types of accidents to happen in the workplace, but they are also fairly common in public places. If you have slipped on a wet floor in a supermarket or tripped on damaged pavement and sustained a serious injury that has left you unable to work in future, you could get in touch with a personal injury lawyer to find out if you’re eligible to claim compensation.

    How do I know if I’m eligible to make a claim?

    The best way to find out if you are eligible to make a claim is to get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. However, if you can answer ‘yes’ to these questions, then it’s likely that you have a viable claim:

    • Did your accident occur in the last three years?
    • Were you injured in the accident?
    • Was your accident caused by somebody else?
    • Did you receive medical attention for your injuries?

    Whether you are one of the three million people a year who suffer whiplash after an accident or you’ve suffered life-changing injuries such as a spinal or head injury, you could get in touch with us to find out more. If your injuries have left you unable to work, we’ll use compensation tables for personal injury to work out how much you could be entitled to receive for your loss of earnings.

    Next steps to claiming compensation after your accident

    You can find out more about making a 100% no-win, no-fee* claim by getting in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. Just call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile) to find out more and see if you are eligible to make a claim. Our advisors are on hand to answer your questions and offer no-obligation advice, in confidence, so there is no pressure to proceed with a claim. You have nothing to lose by getting in touch with us, and you could find you are entitled to a substantial personal injury settlement if you have sustained a life-changing injury.

    Category: Personal injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.