If you live in Aston Cantlow or in any other place within the UK, you may well be employed. If this is the case, your employer should ensure you are safe at work. If this does not happen and you have an accident and become injured, you can make an injury claim using a compensation solicitor in Aston Cantlow to help you.
Every employer has a legal duty to ensure the health and safety of their employees. They have to make sure that your work place is a safe environment for you to do your job.
Employers and their legal responsibilities, as a compensation solicitor in Aston Cantlow sees it
Employers have to guard themselves against more than one-off accidents, but also more long-term problems that can be caused while at work. Health and Safety is a big issue these days, monitored by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). The HSE have no qualms about dealing with employers who put their staff at risk. Just some of the things employers should do are:
- Have procedures in place in case of an emergency situation, and make sure all staff are aware of them
- Have a health and safety policy, make sure all staff know the details and insist on its implementation
- Keep an accident book to record all accidents, no matter how trivial they may seem
- Report serious accidents to the HSE, who will want to investigate them
- Make sure that employees have proper break periods
- Ensures walkways are kept free of spillages and obstructions
- Keep all plant and equipment in good working order ensuring any safety devices are fitted and working
- Train staff properly to use the plant and equipment
- Have regular fire drills
- Provide free of charge to the employees, any protective clothing that may be needed
- Make sure the is enough room for the staff to work in without causing excessive twisting and turning
Here are just a few general things employers need to do. If an employee breaks a leg, dies in a fall from height, contracts an industrial illness or sustains any other injury because of the negligence of the employer, they or their family would be able to make a personal injury claim against the employer. To do this, they can connect with an expert compensation solicitor in Aston Cantlow by calling Accident Advice Helpline.
Accident Advice Helpline for your specialist compensation solicitor in Aston Cantlow
The easiest way to make a personal injury compensation claim is to contact a compensation solicitor in Aston Cantlow at Accident Advice Helpline. We are the claim experts and have helped many thousands of victims obtain their compensation. Our claimants come first and the high quality service we provide has earned us a reputation for complete customer satisfaction.
Add to this the fact that we will not want any money up-front to start your claim because of our no-win, no-fee* service, and you have to be onto a winner.
You can contact us through on our website by completing the 30-second test, or by calling our free helpline on 0800 689 0500 (landline). If you prefer to use your mobile phone, then dial 0333 500 0993.
Date Published: 17th March 2014
Author: David Brown