If you are unlucky enough to be involved in an accident that was not your own fault, and as a result you had an eye injury, for which you needed medical attention, then you may be able to make an injury claim using a compensation solicitor in Arisaig at Accident Advice Helpline to help you.
Eye injuries can vary greatly from a slight irritation to loss of sight, and should never be ignored, because they can become a lot worse if not treated.
Please do not try to treat your eye yourself; a medical professional should even remove something from your eyes our eyes are very delicate and you could do more harm than good in trying to solve the problem yourself.
An eye injury might mean you can’t see a compensation solicitor in Arisaig
There are lots of ways eye injuries occur, just some of them are:
- A blow to the eye with anything hard
- The severity of foreign bodies in the eye will depend on what substance it is whether it has damaged the eye or not
- Cuts and abrasions to eyelids and eyeballs
- Exposure to gasses, chemicals or other dangerous substances
- Ultraviolet light, exposure to the sun or sun lamps can cause flash burn to the cornea
You may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim, using a solicitor in Arisaig, if you have sustained an eye injury in any type of accident that was not your fault.
What the signs of an eye injury are
Every victim is different in how they react to similar injuries, but some of the signs you might experience are:
- Pain in the eye
- Sensitivity to light
- Wet eyes caused by an increase in the tears produced, or dry eyes caused by less tears being produced
- Blurred or distorted vision
- Eye muscles going into spasms causing squints
- Difficulty keeping the affected eyes open
- The feeling you have something in your eye
- Redness and soreness of the eye
Never ignore symptoms with eye problems, as a lack of treatment can mean the injury will get worse.
Treatments of eye injuries
Treatment for the eyes is very specialised and you should be guided by the medical practitioner, taking care to follow their instructions.
Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline has been helping people with their personal injury compensation claims since 2000, and among the many thousands a compensation solicitor in Arisaig has assisted there have been many eye injury claims.
In just a few minutes one of our advisors will talk through your accident with you, discuss your options and give you an idea about how much compensation you can expect. You can contact them on our freephone number 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993, or you can complete our online 30-second test for similar guidance.
Do not worry about the financial side of making a claim, we operate on a No Win No Fee basis, so will not be asking for any money to start your claim.
Date Published: 15th March 2014
Author: David Brown